Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Push in airline leak - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask Your question... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Push in airline leak (/showthread.php?tid=9701)

Push in airline leak - 4ways - 09-02-2024

So my LT625 has an air leak from a brass push in quick connect airline (black 1/4” tube/hose) on the firewall near the steering linkage. From what Im seeing these quick connect fittings have an Oring that can be replaced. But I dont want to remove the fitting before I have the right Oring to put back in it. It’s in an awkward spot so I’m not going to try and change the Oring without removing the brass fitting.

Anyone ever change these orings and can point me toward buying them either from amazon or Napa or anywhere?

I would like to get a bunch in different sizes so I have them but at the moment Im mostly concerned about the one thats leaking.

RE: Push in airline leak - walterk - 09-02-2024

I tried to find out what the sizes are on these push in quick connects too, but I was not able to get them anywhere. it is possible that different manufacturers use different sizes. I would suggest to use a micrometer and a vernier caliper to measure the dimensions of the original o-ring and try to much them to what you have in your assortment of o-rings box.
It worked for me. They don't have to be 100% the same - slightly bigger will work too.

RE: Push in airline leak - 4ways - 09-02-2024

(09-02-2024 )walterk Wrote:  I tried to find out what the sizes are on these push in quick connects too, but I was not able to get them anywhere. it is possible that different manufacturers use different sizes. I would suggest to use a micrometer and a vernier caliper to measure the dimensions of the original o-ring and try to much them to what you have in your assortment of o-rings box.
It worked for me. They don't have to be 100% the same - slightly bigger will work too.

I’ll do that in the AM. Im probably overthinking it but being the thickness matters as much as the ID/OD on these its kinda annoying manufacturers dont have a part number for them. Volvo does but the others I haven’t seen any info on them.

Thanks for the help.

RE: Push in airline leak - marek4792 - 09-02-2024

Usually they go by hose size. Volvo has them in metric and standard 10 to a bag. Really easy to pull the push part out with vice grips and replace the oring, use abit of dielectric grease makes everything go in easier. Ideally if possible I'd switch to a compression connection especially if you have a repeat offender.

RE: Push in airline leak - hhow55 - 09-02-2024

A compression connection would be my choice

RE: Push in airline leak - Scaner2 - 09-02-2024

That's what you need from the Volvo(M&K) dealer. Easy to replace.[attachment=9569]

RE: Push in airline leak - Rawze - 09-03-2024

I have also resorted in the past to taking apart an easier to find, single fitting for the same size line, just to get the o-ring out of it, and then installing it into the firewall adapter.

- I have also seen where truck owners have drilled out the offending fitting so that the entire line goes thru the firewall, and then use an inline connector instead. Only issue with this is that you might have to also use a 'Y' adapter and connect to more than one line on the other side, as those firewall blocks sometimes have an internal splitter in them that is not seen.

and yeah, I always recommend some marine spray (dries like wax) on the fitting and hose at the connections to keep it from leaking in the future too.
https://amzn.to/3Za3BAJ

RE: Push in airline leak - 4ways - 09-04-2024

I ended up at Napa looking for the Oring because there isn’t a Volvo dealer anywhere around here. They didnt have the Oring but they did have a replacement pushin tee connector for 23 and a compression tee fitting for 18. I went with the compression type fitting.

I appreciate all the the advice. I will stock up on the parts and products for in case.

I also got a pretty cool little cutter from amazon that I will carry for in case.
Cool little $8 airline cutter from amazon https://amzn.to/3yVOf8x