Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Pico scopes and such - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Pico scopes and such (/showthread.php?tid=9712)

Pico scopes and such - walterk - 09-08-2024

I have recently started to delve deeper into problem solving with a Pico scope. in automotive applications, they already have a wide use and many libraries with waveforms, applications, etc.
I am wandering if any of you guys use scopes on Cummins engines? Where can one find "known good" waveforms? And, what waveforms do you find most helpful? I understand that Calterm is a very powerful meta data analysis tool, but surly there is room for a scope waveform analysis when solving issues form many different angles.

RE: Pico scopes and such - MommaBurt - 09-08-2024

they are more durable than your standard bench scope but i don't think they are better. I used them for troubleshooting can bus signals, injector signals, cam/crank sensor/ wheel speed sensors etc. it works well for that and if you roughly know what you should expect so you don't necessarily need "known good" signals. For example, one time I was looking at a cam signal on a cm870 and I saw the signal was like a shark fin and not a square wave. All I had to know was that it was suppose to be square and not a fin. We tore the front cover off and found the issue. In similar cases, I used it to troubleshoot all sorts of signals. You can learn what an ideal signal is from a little research.