Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Freightliner related help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+--- Thread: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear (/showthread.php?tid=9764)

Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - medseg2003 - 10-09-2024

Hi everyone,
I have 2013 cascadia 10 speed eaton transmission. Today I have noise under the truck when start rolling .after each full stop when i put in the gear i hear nothing but when i start taking my foot off the clutch and start rolling a loud grinding noise under truck .
it happens only at starting gear.when i shift to the next gears is normal no noise. Is this can be a sign of transmission getting bad? Or can be clutch or drive shaft.
Also i would like to mention when driving on highway i have to accelerate slowly to reach high speed if accelerate normally like i used to the RPM will rev up and return back it's like telling me giving gas more than truck can get.
Samething happens when i use cruise . If i am cruising at 70 mph cruise just quit on it's own when it feels like that's too much for the truck.
before i used to cruise 70 pmh with no problem.
Anyone face this problem before?
Please help . Thanks alot!

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - hookliftpete - 10-09-2024

Do you know what kind of clutch is in the truck?

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - medseg2003 - 10-09-2024

(10-09-2024 )hookliftpete Wrote:  Do you know what kind of clutch is in the truck?
I have no idea. I don't if there is a specific clutch for 2013 cascadia with isx 2250 and 10 speed eaton manual transmission. If that will helps. Thx alot!

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - Rawze - 10-09-2024

clutch slipping?

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - medseg2003 - 10-10-2024

(10-09-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  clutch slipping?
It may be i may need to get it checked out .because i can shift to the gear easily. The grinding happens only when taking foot off the clutch and truck start rolling after each complete stop.other than that truck rolls good after every shift.
I hope it needs just adjustment. Thx

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - Ben50291 - 10-11-2024

Are you using the clutch between gears? Or is it only making the noise in first gear because that's when your using the clutch?

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - snailexpress - 10-12-2024

Drive lines angle or synchronizing is out of spec's. Worn out suspension springs, bushings, leaking air bags, ride height valve adjustment, bent frame.
Here is short video how drive lines work and how drive line end can swinging when angle is out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1pOGY5vGWY
Noise coming from clutch torsion springs absorbing drive line velocity deviation.
My truck does same noise. I'm on second clutch just because torsion springs slots were worn and some springs broken because it's weakest point in whole drive system.
[attachment=9622]

RE: Noise when truck start rolling at first gear - medseg2003 - 10-16-2024

The noise goes away on itself the next day. I don't know what was the issue. But i still have the issue of truck taking longer than normal to pick-up speed.i got to go easy on it to reach high speed. Also cruise quit by it slef sometimes. Thx for responding guys