Fuel solenoid leaking M11
06-01-2024, (Subject: Fuel solenoid leaking M11 ) 
Fuel solenoid leaking M11
I have an M11 Plus in a 96 international 9200 tandem dump truck. A few weeks ago I noticed fuel leaking from the fuel shutoff solenoid where it bolted to the pump. I ordered a new solenoid which came with new ring gaskets. After replacing everything it still is leaking. I’ve taken it on and off 4 times now and still can’t stop the leaking. I’m making sure all the surfaces are clean and using a thin layer of o-ring lube on the gaskets. Any ideas on why I can’t get this leak stopped?
Thanks
replyreply
06-01-2024, (Subject: Fuel solenoid leaking M11 ) 
RE: Fuel solenoid leaking M11
Is there a hairline crack that is opening under pressure?
replyreply
06-03-2024, (Subject: Fuel solenoid leaking M11 ) 
./uploads/202406/post_856_1717454369_39afea1f5333bdba6fc2c62321d79386.png

Where is it leaking?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E
06-03-2024, (Subject: Fuel solenoid leaking M11 ) 
It seems to be coming from the bottom outside bolt where it bolts to the pump but the fuel could be coming from the other side. It’s really cramped in there and hard to see. Is there a torque spec for the bolts? I’ve not been able to find one in any manual.
replyreply
06-04-2024, (Subject: Fuel solenoid leaking M11 ) 
To find the correct torque go to quickserve.cummins.com You will find the info your looking for............Long ago i had a N14 witha fuel leakage issue..........I ended up replacing the fuel pump and had no problems thereafter.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hemiterry

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.