Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar
07-21-2024, (Subject: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar ) 
Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar
Well good morning people. I bought a new to me 2015 international Prostar recently and was wondering if I can add a OEM transmission and oil temp gauge to the gauge cluster and what program will I need for it? Diamond logic? I assume? I can add aftermarket no problem but would like to stick with factory OEM where possible. thanks!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
07-21-2024, (Subject: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar ) 
RE: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar
I'd be curious to know this as well... I have an 18' LT625 (just the later version on your Prostar). It has a manual oil temp gauge from the factory, but the digital cluster seems to have much more info that could be displayed with the correct tool in order to allow it. Diamond Logic is something I remember hearing in the past, so you may be correct there.

I had called the International dealer to me about this same question last year (when first purchased) and the response I got was laughable... It's a shame how much many of these dealers really don't know or just don't care to share.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
07-22-2024, (Subject: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar ) 
Just my own thoughts...

I would think that a set of glow-shift pyro and boost gauges would be much more useful.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Volvo8873
07-22-2024, (Subject: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar ) 
^---- No doubt.....Those couple gauges for my 2 trucks have been the def been the cost to return investment lol
replyreply
07-24-2024, (Subject: Adding factory Oil/trans temp gauge International Prostar ) 
So I ended up buying a 4 glow shift gauges after realize it would be a bit much added work to install those factory gauges in the instrument cluster. I do follow the boost and pyro closely and I am one of the guys that constantly like to over see on how everything is running. Very close to a million mile on my Volvo ISX 2250 (it does not owe me anything) and to be honest I am done with the Volvo BS on this truck and do not wish to rebuild it.

Working a little bit to bring my Prostar up to snuff and my gawdddd is it easier to work on this truck! MUCH EASIER! compared to then lousy hodge podge Volvo with an ISX crammed into it. Insite readings are OK and and not off in the deep end in the charts. Took me a bit to find a truck that was not an absolute POS (used and abused like a majority of trucks out there) and I am pretty happy with what I have so far... time will tell!

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.