ASR Offroad Switch
06-04-2024, (Subject: ASR Offroad Switch ) 
ASR Offroad Switch
2017 Peterbilt 348, PX-9, Allison
After updating CECU with ESA, and several test drives , I had this message pop up after truck sat overnight. This truck doesn’t have any ABS, or ATC or any “off road” switches on dash. Double checked every parameter on ESA and Insite.
Disconnected batteries several times, double checked voltage to all ABS components, took apart dash to see if possibly switch was installed but hanging behind panels, nothing.
Has anyone else seen this message before, whether the truck was equipped with said switch or not?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
06-05-2024, (Subject: ASR Offroad Switch ) 
RE: ASR Offroad Switch
ASR = 'Anti-Slip Regulation'. Part of the traction control system.

just some speculation here...

Sometimes options like that are added (or default to ON for safety reasons) with software updates. When you re-flashed the cab controller, was it the same exact version of software?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-05-2024, (Subject: ASR Offroad Switch ) 
RE: ASR Offroad Switch
(06-05-2024 )Rawze Wrote:  ASR = 'Anti-Slip Regulation'. Part of the traction control system.

just some speculation here...

Sometimes options like that are added (or default to ON for safety reasons) with software updates. When you re-flashed the cab controller, was it the same exact version of software?.

It was the same version, just a newer update. I even backed up and restored parameters. All the TC and ABS lines are disabled, except for standard ABS. But the “advanced ABS” and lines like that are disabled yet still have constant message for the ASR “switch”. No active codes on CECU or ECM. Checked with Jpro, ESA, Insite. [/code]
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.