Boost Unstable at half throttle
06-09-2024, (Subject: Boost Unstable at half throttle ) 
Boost Unstable at half throttle
2022 cm2450 boost pressure keeps going up and down when half throttle. No issues at full throttle. Some makes more boost at half throttle and when the foot all way down the boost goes down. I changed the exhaust gas pressure sensor and no difference. Truck is not deleted and no codes.
replyreply
RE: Boost Unstable at half throttle
It could just simply be switching operating modes for keeping the cans under the truck at proper temperature, and nothing more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
What rawze said. Also could be imap sensor, and we’ve all seen egr diff pressure sensor ports being clogged cause vgt to do weird stuff. Just something simple to check but I’d be willing to bet it’s just changing operating modes as rawze said

User's Signature: You can’t buy love, but you can rent it for 3 minutes!
replyreply
That sounds possible. But I never felt it do that before. In the mean while am going to change the imap sensor. Should replace the egr diff pressure sensor or just blow it out?
replyreply
06-10-2024, (Subject: Boost Unstable at half throttle ) 
(06-09-2024 )Khera Wrote:  That sounds possible. But I never felt it do that before. In the mean while am going to change the imap sensor. Should replace the egr diff pressure sensor or just blow it out?

Most DPF, regen, etc. PROBLEMS are caused by the engine. The EGR circuit and its sensors getting dirty is the main culprit of this.

people who own emissions controlled engines should do EGR tune-up work to it at least once each year or so. things like replacing IMAP and other sensors, cleaning out the EGR system, etc. ...

info: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...121#pid121
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7&pid=9#pid9

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-10-2024, (Subject: Boost Unstable at half throttle ) 
I have no CEL but when I hooked up JPro there was an active code for engine Exhaust temp sensor. The weird part is the code don’t show up on Cummins insite. Do you think that also have something to do with it?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.