Coolant in fuel water separator
06-12-2024, (Subject: Coolant in fuel water separator ) 
Coolant in fuel water separator
Hello first of all I would like to say that I am new to this forum as a registered member but I've always looked at this site for insit and tips so thank you

Now for my question a day ago I get a message saying water in fuel and to drain water out, this alert would come on and off throughout my drive I parked it and drained my fuel water separator and it had about 5 oz of coolant .I am doing another trip to get money for this expense and I am draining fuel water separator every 120 to 160 miles with about 2 to 3 tablespoons of coolant coming out....my brother will be doing this job these coming days...so my questions are what should I be looking for to pin point more where the coolant may be coming from? Do you guys have tips to help with this job? Any answers would be a big help thank you

2016 kenworth t680 cummins isx 15 cm2350 927000 miles
replyreply
RE: Coolant in fuel water separator
It's most likely to be a bad injector cup. Cummins has a repair for this but it's not a guarantee, they are rings that get pressed down into the cup with a special tool. You do all 6 injector cups even though it's probably only 1 that's leaking. If that doesn’t fix it you'll have to replace the head.

https://youtu.be/pVC2OF83r-k?si=Gd0X42_1vDU04X-Y

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Trucker rich
Tree is likely correct. Your other options include tank heaters, cracked if you have them. (Most trucks don't have tank heaters though) your other option could be the coolant line on your davco That is assuming your davco is even heated with coolant A lot of them just have the return fuel line through it
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Trucker rich
Thank you guys so much yea I figured that'd be it but just wanted to go any extra ideas....and sadly no I only see the fuel lines running through fuel water separator...thanks again
replyreply
06-24-2024, (Subject: Coolant in fuel water separator ) 
How many hours on the engine? Is it deleted? Thx.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.