Engine break in process advice
09-21-2024, (Subject: Engine break in process advice ) 
Engine break in process advice
Cm870 bring overhauled now. What is the best way to break it in. Don’t have access to a dyno or many hills in my area. I’m in farm country. But I will have a loaded hopper bottom to pull so it can be loaded instantly. Thank you
replyreply
09-22-2024, (Subject: Engine break in process advice ) 
RE: Engine break in process advice
I do the first 30 miles on ours by driving till all temps are up oil and coolant... then i will find a good grade and be in high gear let it pull down to 1400 and ride brakes and i floor throttle let it pull up to 1700 let off brakes let it pull back down to 1400 and do it again for a few times. then let brakes cool some then run up to 1700 and mash brakes and full throttle let it pull down to 1300 a few times, then ill let it cool down and bring her on back in. Tell the customer not to idle untill yo have done 3000 loaded miles and dont use jakes until that time either....as far as a farm truck i know will take a min to do that so id say a good week or so of hard work
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brandon32382 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.