Autoshift to 18Speed manual
07-30-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
Autoshift to 18Speed manual
2009 t800. Originally eaton 18 speed auto shift. swapped to standard 18. Looking for what I need to do to harness to make speedo work, reverse sensor, and neutral safety switch. VIN:1XKDD49X3AJ274287 isx 550
replyreply
08-12-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
RE: Autoshift to 18Speed manual
There’s no NSS.

Reverse is just power in/power out so you can just run 12V to one side of the plug and run the other to back up lights/alarm.

Don’t know what luck you’ll have on a harness. The output shaft sensor/backup switches and usually gear lube temp harness all come to one 6 pin plug. That harness alone is like $800 from KW last time I priced one-so I just built it.

If your truck harness doesn’t have the 6 pin rectangular plug along the left frame rail just in front of the cab crossmember then you’re going to have to find the wires from your auto shift harness.

If you do Google search on the Eaton harness pretty easy to find stuff.
replyreply
08-12-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
(08-12-2024 )68shifter Wrote:  ...

Reverse is just power in/power out so you can just run 12V to one side of the plug and run the other to back up lights/alarm.

Not sure what your getting at there, yes, the lights are +12volts..

but someone needs to keep in mind that putting +12volts directly onto an input pin of the ecm (to replace any input signals) is NOT recommended. All of the input pins to the ecm itself are +5 volts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-13-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
I was just referring to the switch on the trans shift cover itself, not tying anything into the ecm if that makes sense.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-13-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
(08-13-2024 )68shifter Wrote:  I was just referring to the switch on the trans shift cover itself, not tying anything into the ecm if that makes sense.

thanks for clarifying.. I tend to make statements like that as clarifications for others who might find the thread in the future.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-15-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
Don't know for sure on a KW but on a NAV the speedo signal is going to go from the trans TCU to the ECM over the datalink. Back-up switch could be hard-wired. Was there a switch on the Ultrashift whose wiring did not go to the trans-TCU? Or it could also be going out the datalink. The TCU will know when it is in reverse. Same with the neutral safety switch.

I know guys do this but I don't know how they get it all to work. I assume the engine would want to see road speed. And it might not like not seeing neutral.
replyreply
08-15-2024, (Subject: Autoshift to 18Speed manual ) 
- There is one guy (from Texas I think) that is a member here that may be able to help with this ... He is always doing some of the more strange wiring and hardware conversions for different model engine/tranny swaps, making custom harnesses, etc.

His username is 'Amp1000'
https://rawze.com/forums/member.php?acti...e&uid=4866

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.