870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
06-21-2024, (Subject: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue ) 
870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
my 870 has this issue where as you are going through the gears when you let off the throttle to shift and go to accelerate again its extremely hard to make the truck shift smooth on the low end. Its as if there is a delay or a dead pedal at the very very top of the pedal. so if I dont take my foot completely off the pedal and shift like I am 16 years old, it will shift smoother than if I am trying to baby the truck like I normally do. 475hp tune demandated via running rough, also with an intake manifold. This little issue has been around longer than the tune. And also the truck seams like a dog, traffic light to traffic light, but once its on the highway it will go and pull hills fairly good. I did put a new throttle pedal in probably 2 years ago. does it need to be calibrated? timing or metering actuator problems? trying to make this thing more pleasant to drive around town as most of my work is local hauling.
replyreply
06-22-2024, (Subject: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue ) 
RE: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
you might have to monitor the 'fuel control state' while its acting up to find out why its holding fuel back. If it is the pedal, then it will say it.. if it is a boost or other silent derate, the it will report that too.

Running rough is the resident CM870 guy .. so if he made the program, he would know how to help you monitor that to see what the issue is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-25-2024, (Subject: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue ) 
RE: 870 pedal delay/ throttle response issue
@rawze the truck also did this before the tune, and also often when you put the clutch in the rpm’s will surge really low then up above idle then back down to idle. Not every time but often
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.