Remote ECM Program / Tune ?
Yesterday, (Subject: Remote ECM Program / Tune ? ) 
Remote ECM Program / Tune ?
Greetings, I'm new to the the forum and thoroughly impressed with the wealth of information. I have a 2008 ISX Engine No 79339463 Family 8CEXH0912XaK Ref 9F80FC24 I can handle all the mechanical related items to remove EGR and DPF but I don't have the equipment or expertise to work on the ECM. Any recommendations for FedEx'ing my ECM or remote tuning? Thank you.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)
./uploads/202407/post_6992_1720122087_0c2a7aa37edd14769ce027dad0cadf08.jpg
replyreply
Yesterday, (Subject: Remote ECM Program / Tune ? ) 
RE: Remote ECM Program / Tune ?
(Yesterday )MikeScherk Wrote:  Greetings, I'm new to the the forum and thoroughly impressed with the wealth of information. I have a 2008 ISX Engine No 79339463 Family 8CEXH0912XaK Ref 9F80FC24 I can handle all the mechanical related items to remove EGR and DPF but I don't have the equipment or expertise to work on the ECM. Any recommendations for FedEx'ing my ECM or remote tuning? Thank you.

Assuming you live in a country where that stuffs is legal... Instead of wasting a bunch of moneys on the typically seen bad delete programming (more than 90% are bad), the cheapest thing to do while ensuring the programming is set 100% correct for that ser# engine, is to simply copy the program from the ecm yourself and e-mail it to me for a review, have any adjustments made, etc.. as necessary.

Here is how someone copies the program in/out of their own ecm using a laptop and a cheap (inline-6 or other) Datalink adapter ...
ref: https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?...5#pid72945

- Doing things this way also puts a copy of any custom programing into your own hands, so that you are not a slave to whoever did the work in the future if anything goes wrong or if the ecm needs replacement. Alternatively, there is a list of some other forum members who are known to do good work, at the bottom of that post that help others with this directly as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.