Need a service manual for a Holset HE400VG!
08-02-2024, (Subject: Need a service manual for a Holset HE400VG! ) 
Need a service manual for a Holset HE400VG!
Currently rebuilding a Holset HE400vg and I could really use a service manual to lead me in the right direction but searching online is'nt having any luck and I cant really find much. If anybody know where I can find one it would be great, Thanks!
replyreply
08-02-2024, (Subject: Need a service manual for a Holset HE400VG! ) 
RE: Need a service manual for a Holset HE400VG!
(08-02-2024 )SteveOsDiesel Wrote:  Currently rebuilding a Holset HE400vg and I could really use a service manual to lead me in the right direction but searching online is'nt having any luck and I cant really find much. If anybody know where I can find one it would be great, Thanks!

As far as service information goes... maybe try contact Holset.

But first of all, without a very high $$$ s=high-speed balancing machine.. your not going to rebuild it properly.

Rebuilding turbochargers ./.. especially ones that turn 120K+ rpm's like the 400-serires do .. is an art and takes a high skillset + proper balancing machinery .. and a lot of practice to get right without risking the engine.

Even a few mg of off-balance (simply loosening the turbine nut and re-tightening it can cause big balancing issues) .. at 120,000 RPM ... it results in several hundreds of pounds of side-loading on the turbine at those speeds ... and its likely to explode and destroy the engine after a while.

I.E.> Unless your a turbo shop with some very $$$ equipment invested in such things.. YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAKING APART THAT TURBO!!! - It simply is NOT worth the risk to the engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , marek4792 , SteveOsDiesel

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.