PACCAR MX-13 problem
09-11-2024, (Subject: PACCAR MX-13 problem ) 
PACCAR MX-13 problem
Hi everyone good morning,

I’m dealing with an issue on a Peterbilt 389 equipped with a Paccar MX13 engine. So I was having issues with the crankcase filter and if anyone’s had to change the filter on these… they know how much of a pain in the A$$ they are. I’m going to be upfront and say that I myself f*cked up not disconnecting the battery terminals or using the battery shut off switch and while I had pulled off the alternator I accidentally grounded out the hot cable from the starter. When I hooked everything back up and started the truck up I noticed now the DEF light is blinking red and it’s showing that it’s empty. I HAVE NOREGON as the program I use to read the codes and it’s giving me a bunch of codes for the DPF sensors, and egr etc… but it’s all saying it’s in the CECU. Did I short something out? I checked all the fuses in the outside and inside panels and everything looks good. Also want to add in the truck runs and starts fine; I’m just getting a stop engine immediately and a wrench on the window in the dash. I just need some help on where I should start or what you guys think it might be. Thank you again
replyreply
RE: PACCAR MX-13 problem
maybe disconnect the batteries for 30 min and re-connect?.. see if everything hard resets?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Took the ECM out just to make sure it’d good and I’m having it tested. I’m going to disconnect all the battery terminals now and see what happens. Hopefully that fixes it. Been dealing with this thing for a couple days! Super frustrating for sure. Also thank you for the reply, and the advice. Will keep you updated
replyreply
Not sure why you would take the ECM off?? There isn't really any way to bench test an ECM so whoever is telling you they can do it is lying to you.

When the dealer suspects a bad ECM they put a known good one on the engine and see if the problem is solved, they don't and can't "test" an ECM.

You Said these codes were in the cab controller, you do know the cab controller and ECM are 2 different things right?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
09-13-2024, (Subject: PACCAR MX-13 problem ) 
(09-11-2024 )tree98 Wrote:  Not sure why you would take the ECM off?? There isn't really any way to bench test an ECM so whoever is telling you they can do it is lying to you.

When the dealer suspects a bad ECM they put a known good one on the engine and see if the problem is solved, they don't and can't "test" an ECM.

You Said these codes were in the cab controller, you do know the cab controller and ECM are 2 different things right?

I honestly wasn’t sure what it could be I thought maybe the ECM just in case but I thought you could bench test an ECM. But yes I know there’s a CECU which would be the cab controller right? I checked that already and everything looked fine, no burnt pins or anything
replyreply
09-13-2024, (Subject: PACCAR MX-13 problem ) 
These engines also have a ACM, without knowing the code descriptions any diagnosis here is relatively futile. It sounds like you've lost power to something but code descriptions would help point to what
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.