2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues
03-16-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
RE: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues
Do you want it fixed or not ?? You'll be hard pressed to find someone in Chicago that can do it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
06-28-2024, (Subject: 2003 volvo isx15 cm570 issues ) 
Hello,been a while...
Not for good..old 2003 truck is still acting
Rawze,hope on you..
I'll give some updates.
Replaced Ecm...oem-volvo side parameters been transferred from old Ecm,cummins from site..
Truck ran excellent for 1 day,until next day-back to comma.
Guy who did programing assured that did it correctly..who knows?
Is it Chicago only,no more real mechanics-techicians?or nationwide ?
Truck is struggling with power,acceleration, performance, handling, braking..weird?
Engine and braking,handling performance, but I am experiencing that.
Later,I found weird noise..coming from the front of Engine..intermittent at 1200 rpm.front gears have a lot of freeplay..while we did adjustment of this..we found that camshaft timing was off..
On my engine is 4 and 6..
Wedge 4 for injector cam,fit correctly, valve cam...wedge 6,was very loose...so the valve cam..angle was incorrect set at cummins stealership..while they overhaul..300k miles ago...
Is it harmed the engine permanently?
Few mechanics said,that it shouldn't be..
I dont want to give up on my truck and still trying to get it back alive..
2003 truck not much electronics,modules..only 2 engine ecm,and abs ecm..no even vecu..but something is acting...intermittent, but mostly all the time

Guy who did programing...advised..to disable Abs,I pulled abs maxi fuse out.sometimes it helps.....
I gave a try replaced 2 front abs modulators...truck been alive for 2 days,then back to comma..replaced 2 rear ones with relay valve -no changes..
I have chinese inline, when I hook it up...I see weird thing..when I m9nitor readings
Current values,it reads ok..but after 10 minutes,min-max digits showing crazy...
In example oil pressure min..0,max 490psi
And all parameters like that..wondering...is it Chinese adapter,or Ecm..getting signals like that and going crazy..?
Also found option...engine state monitor...
While accelerate, or press throttle quickly...it shows message-fuel limiting because lack of boost pressure. To prevent black smoke..check air Intake system...and feel that engine is acting at that time..
And air intake system is operational..no leaks,holds pressure, turbo makes 27 psi..if it's mechanical, it shouldn't be Intermittent?
Turbo,injector won't be ..1 day spinning, spraying..1 day they aren't?

On new Ecm-i got 500hp,1650 torque,but intermittently truck gets back to normal, but most of the time is like 200 hp..with no power.
Wiring ,j1708,1939 causing all this mess?with no warnings, fault codes
Rawze,hopefully you are going to read this and respond..also I remember you mentioned Ct...I can get this software..but don't know,how to use it

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
1 more pic

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
#1. Max boost that should be seen for the engine under 100% full operating loads should be about 36 psi or so. Is the waste-gate unit and feed-back circuit properly hooked up and working?. Is it stuck partially open?.

#2.. you should have the exact program according to the engine ser#... and not some alternate program with bigger HP shoved into that ecm. This especially if you have been having issues.

#3... WHY did you not go to an actual Volvo stealers$it to get the ecm replaced and had the OEM program according to the engine ser# back into it, instead of some 3rd party yahoo unknown from some 3rd party repair shop do it?. That does not make any sense. For all anyone knows, it could not even be a genuine, 100% factory CM570 program. And it the ECM purchased form the OEM?.. or is it some used/repaired garbage?.

#4.. what you are seeing for the engine control state is exactly that. The engine doing exactly what it should be doing ... and it is 100% normal for it to transition in and out of fuel-air-mix hold-back conditions because the turbo is mechanical, and it takes time for it to spool up when you hard accelerate. - What your seeing is perfectly normal.

- What is not normal is if it only getting to 27 psi boost max. It being a Volvo,.. they have restrictive front ends.. and horrible air flow thru the CAC unit vs other trucks. Make sure that ...

A> it does not have an after-garabge CAC unit installed on the truck like a duralite or other Piece of s#it, non-OEM CAC unit.

B> Pressure test the entire intake air system to 30-psi and ensure it does not leak down more than 10 psi on one minute. If the intake is leaky then the turbo will struggle to make proper boost.

C> Remove the exhaust piping BEFORE THE MUFFLER and see if the boost response improves. If it does then the muffler is getting clogged up. <- this is a very common problem with old trucks and everyone seems to ignore or over look it these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Hi Rawze,thanks for response..
I have plain turbo-no wastgate,no actuator,no sensor...
It's still should be around 36psi?
I have at most 27...
No cac leaks,intercooler radiator-oem,mufler 1 year old.
No horizontal freeplay on turbo shaft,but a lot of sooton hot side of turbo....
If even all this,turbo can be weak?
ECM is genuine cummins recon.
You advise to go to volvo and give to some student to reprogram Ecm?

Guy who did programing,assured that programed from cummins,and uploaded soft with higher hp and torque...but I don't feel it all...like I said only for 1 day..
From your experience, is it possible that some files been missing during the transfer or uploading?
Wrong valve camshaft wedging for 300k miles didn't harm my engine?
Chinese inline can wrong readings?as on pic?
Abs can interfere engine and truck performance?
Cal term ,you mentioned,can show a lot of things?
Is it hard to learn how to use CT?
THANKS
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.