Cm870 no accelerator pedal
10-12-2024, (Subject: Cm870 no accelerator pedal ) 
Cm870 no accelerator pedal
After doing a few of the calibration \ tests with insite , I lost accelerator pedal voltage. If I remember right, the last one I did was the injector test where it has you crank for a while with no start. Truck starts and idles fine but no pedal voltage at all. Zero volts. My only fault code has been egr related. I get no voltage change or error codes when pulling on wires or disconnecting plugs. It does not acknowledge throttle position sensor. I tried another with the same response. I put a meter to the switch in question and it does showing varying resistance reading when switch is actuated. I do have 5v making it to the pedal.

User's Signature: 2007 Peterbilt 387, cm870 @ 450hp 13spd
2014 International Pro Star cm2350 @450hp auto
replyreply
RE: Cm870 no accelerator pedal
Make sure you didnt change the throttle input when you were changing stuff with Insite. If I remember correctly, you can change it to "remote" and other options. Make sure its for the pedal.

If you're not getting a check engine light the ECM thinks the circuit is acting appropriately.
replyreply
I did read up on the remote throttle thing. I wondered that also. I was wondering if insite would still show pedal voltage even if it wouldn't necessarily allow it to control the engine. But no codes throws me off. I did quickly look for any obvious wiring frays or breaks. And the connections at both the firewall and ecm looked clean and dry. It was odd that I'd never had a problem until I did the insite checks. Luckily it was at my truck yard and I have the other truck to drive until I get this one sorted. I did just pick up calterm 4. Something or other version but then read just last night that I can't really use it on the cm870 with likely bricking the ecm. I do believe it's been demandated but the previous owner seemed Leary of discussing it.

replyreply
Should the idle validation switch value be "off idle" while idleing ?

replyreply
10-13-2024, (Subject: Cm870 no accelerator pedal ) 
did you make a work order and ecm image when connecting to it?.. or did you cancel it?.

If did make a work order for it, then maybe try restoring it?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-13-2024, (Subject: Cm870 no accelerator pedal ) 
Luckily I did make a work order when I first connected insite back in march. I did make a template from that image and wrote it to the ecm. No luck on the change in accelerator voltage. I'm gonna find another ecm to try. The ecm show 62k hours if I remember correctly. 1.7m miles on the truck.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.