EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
02-19-2017, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
Hey, good day to all.

First wanted to thank Rawze for this forum and sharing the EGR knowledge. Today I started on some of the EGR Tune-Up steps he teaches.

I was real hesitant, but man was it easy - at least these few basic steps. Removed and cleaned out the mixer pipe, venturi and exhaust gas crossover tube / lifting eye - they had plenty of soot. Used a long cylinder brush that I purchased at Lowe's and plenty of carb / choke cleaner.

Also removed and replaced the IMAP / CAC Sensor. I removed the Delta P Sensor and cleaned it off. I purchased a new one, but it is a modified / updated version that Freightliner sold me and I would have to cut three wires, crimp them and then "calibrate" the sensor.

I didn't feel that brave today and think i might just go and pay for the dealer to do this task. Cutting an electrical harness on these over engineered, sensor ridden platforms just keeps me in check.

Unless, someone, can pass on experience on this upgrade. I also replaced the o-ring from the mixer pipe, new hose that connects the mixer pipe with the venturi, gasket that connects the venturi to the exhaust gas crossover tube, etc...

I wanted to take off some other stuff, but reminded myself I am on the road, away from home and have to work tomorrow, baby steps. More to come - thanks Rawze for the knowledge.:big_smile2::big_smile2::big_smile2:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: uncleal13 , Rawze , hhow55 , snvlynch , bossboy2 , Waterloo
03-08-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
RE: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia
Martinef1963, was it difficult getting the bolts off for the intake venturi?

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
04-12-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
(02-19-2017 )martinef1963 Wrote:  I removed the Delta P Sensor and cleaned it off. I purchased a new one, but it is a modified / updated version that Freightliner sold me and I would have to cut three wires, crimp them and then "calibrate" the sensor.

I didn't feel that brave today and think i might just go and pay for the dealer to do this task. Cutting an electrical harness on these over engineered, sensor ridden platforms just keeps me in check.
martinef1963, I did this today. Although I didn't need to replace the harness as mine already has the update, I snapped the retaining clip because of it being brittle. The job was extremely easy. All the wires are color coordinated so you really can't make a mistake. I put shrink tubing around the connectors then wrapped it all with electrical tape. I also had the P-sensor calibrated. The mechanic said the ECM needs to be reset to "absolute zero" or it could set a code. Apparently the ECM "learns" the values being generated by the Delta-P sensor so your previous sensor "learned value" may be different than what a brand new sensor expects to read...hence the code being thrown.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
04-12-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
(04-12-2018 )bossboy2 Wrote:  
(02-19-2017 )martinef1963 Wrote:  I removed the Delta P Sensor and cleaned it off. I purchased a new one, but it is a modified / updated version that Freightliner sold me and I would have to cut three wires, crimp them and then "calibrate" the sensor.

The mechanic said the ECM needs to be reset to "absolute zero" or it could set a code. Apparently the ECM "learns" the values being generated by the Delta-P sensor so your previous sensor "learned value" may be different than what a brand new sensor expects to read...hence the code being thrown.

This is actually not true for the EGR Delta-P sensor at all. It only applies somewhat to the DPF Delta-P sensor if it was reading high before changing it. -- You mechanic is mistaken. -- also, you should NEVER EVER do a maint reset on the system without having the DPF and DOC flow tested/baked as it will reset it in a partially blocked state and throw off all the readings!. -- I.E.> A second mistake your "mechainc" has now made.

Now, to fix your problems,.. you need to pull your DPF and DOC and go have them flow tyested and baked out,.. THEN DO A PROPER RESET ON THE SYSTEM WITH INSITE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , Waterloo , Brock
05-08-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
Can INSITE be used on a DD13/DD15? Not real sure what his program is but it is Freightliner.

replyreply
05-09-2018, (Subject: EGR Tune-Up, 2010 Cascadia ) 
Insite can't be used. But eBay sells the Detroit software really cheap. And you may be able to use your cummins inline adapter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.