Cummins ISC issues
04-01-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
RE: Cummins ISC issues
New breather filter too!

And a shot down the hole of the valve cover...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-02-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
IMAP looks identical to ISX but sure it has different parameters.

Maybe you should drill a 3/8 hole in that new filter?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
04-04-2017, (Subject: Cummins ISC issues ) 
Got it out on the road for a test spin...

Tomorrow we hit the road all loaded up.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
If TDInewguy's info gets out, Rawze will have to start an RV section... I have been wondering how the RV industry has been handling these EPA mandated units. It seems they are just as plagued with issues as we are. Might make for some very inexpensive, barely driven RV purchases in the near future. Going on vacation and getting stranded a few miles down the road on a regular basis cannot be good for resale values.
replyreply
I can easily let the word out... or keep it quiet.

Thoughts?
replyreply
Gauge package is lame. Oil psi, water,trans temp, boost and pyrometer would be nice when working it in the hills or on the road. It's easier to spot problems before it becomes real trouble when you can see normal operating conditions. Idiot lights don't come on until it's too late.
I don't know why all these manufacturers cut corners on guages.
Protect your investment.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )in2trux Wrote:  Gauge package is lame. Oil psi, water,trans temp, boost and pyrometer would be nice when working it in the hills or on the road. It's easier to spot problems before it becomes real trouble when you can see normal operating conditions. Idiot lights don't come on until it's too late.
I don't know why all these manufacturers cut corners on guages.
Protect your investment.

I was about to sat the same. Boost gauge and pyro on the manifold at the very least!.

===

(04-04-2017 )TDInewguy Wrote:  I can easily let the word out... or keep it quiet.

Thoughts?

As far as the RV community goes, I have no problem with letting others know about my forum, but my experience with people who own big enough RV's for ISC and ISX, etc. are that they are difficult to communicate with and cannot be generally satisfied no matter how professional you do something. Even most repair diesel repair shops do not like RV customers because they tend to be extremely picky and seemingly impossible to satisfy. They also never want to pay what something is worth, even after they have received discounts. It is common for them to complain about the costs of repairs, and tend to always look for the cheapest solution instead of the correct one.

Many truck repair shops tend to shy away from those types of people because of this general trend. - Not all are like that, but it is of high frequency in the RV community in general enough to make people in the big-rig industry want to shy away form them. Just thought I would warn you, as this place may not be the warm welcome that some would expect. I have a hot-sauce personality and am quick to point those types of things out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Waterloo
I have boost on the yellow two line digital display and oil, temp and air pressure on the A pillar.

Pyro is coming next... i had it on my last coach.

As for the RV community, I am an oddball being a young guy owning a class A diesel.

People ask if its my folks RV.
replyreply
(04-04-2017 )TDInewguy Wrote:  I have boost on the yellow two line digital display and oil, temp and air pressure on the A pillar.

Pyro is coming next... i had it on my last coach.

As for the RV community, I am an oddball being a young guy owning a class A diesel.

People ask if its my folks RV.
Good that you have the other gauges. At the price point of what looks to be 40+ ft. it should have full big truck gauge package.

Most retirees have to sell their house to move into that size class A .
A freind of mine has a Prevost, paid for with two live floor trailers storm chasing cleanups for the last 20 years.
We're going to convert our 386 to a show hauler when we get to that point, Lord willing!

Very nice rig you have there! Hope you get enough time in it to really enjoy it!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.