DD15
08-11-2017, (Subject: DD15 ) 
DD15
Hey guys. I know this is primarily a cummins site but I've learned a lot about my Detroit just by applying Rawze's info. Anyone else here run a Detroit?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2
08-11-2017, (Subject: DD15 ) 
RE: DD15
I had a 2013 Western Star with a 560 hp DD15 for three years, had the DPF filters changed out at 8,000 hours and that was it.
Now have a 2016 Cascadia with a 600 hp DD16. I recently pulled the Delta-P sensor and cleaned off the soot. It looked pretty good and cleaned up easily.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , RStewart
08-12-2017, (Subject: DD15 ) 
I have a 2011 Cascadia with a DD15, 800K miles. I bought it with 725k on it. I did replace the dpf at 760k but that's all I've had time do with the emissions. It doesn't have def on it.

So far I've pulled the crossover tube & MAP sensor & cleaned them.
replyreply
Before I purchased my Volvo two years ago, I tried a 2016 Cascadia with a 400 hp DD15 and the DT12 transmission. I was a company driver at the time and the mega fleet I work for was going towards a majority Cascadia fleet.

Let's just say, that's why I purchased my Volvo.

(Actually, I purchased my Volvo because the Cascadia also had the "On Guard" radar system installed. Don't get me started on that crap system.)

Not knocking the DD15. I've heard pros/cons about them, just like the ISX. However, my Volvo with 400hp and the Cascadia I tried at 400 hp, it just felt like the DD15 power was flat. It could also have something to do with the rear end gearing. My Volvo is a 3.42. Not sure what the Cascadia was. Probably a 3.20 something.

I'd love to try a 500+hp DD15 and see what it can do.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RStewart
(08-12-2017 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  Before I purchased my Volvo two years ago, I tried a 2016 Cascadia with a 400 hp DD15 and the DT12 transmission. I was a company driver at the time and the mega fleet I work for was going towards a majority Cascadia fleet.

Let's just say, that's why I purchased my Volvo.

(Actually, I purchased my Volvo because the Cascadia also had the "On Guard" radar system installed. Don't get me started on that crap system.)

Not knocking the DD15. I've heard pros/cons about them, just like the ISX. However, my Volvo with 400hp and the Cascadia I tried at 400 hp, it just felt like the DD15 power was flat. It could also have something to do with the rear end gearing. My Volvo is a 3.42. Not sure what the Cascadia was. Probably a 3.20 something.

I'd love to try a 500+hp DD15 and see what it can do.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the hp setting is on my truck but it doesn't pull that good.

I know what you mean about the on guard system. Must unsafe thing I've ever had on a truck. I don't have it now but my last truck did.
replyreply
08-22-2017, (Subject: DD15 ) 
(08-11-2017 )RStewart Wrote:  Hey guys. I know this is primarily a cummins site but I've learned a lot about my Detroit just by applying Rawze's info. Anyone else here run a Detroit?

I used to have the ISX cm 870 but the crank broke. Now I have the DD13 in a Cascadia.
replyreply
02-10-2018, (Subject: DD15 ) 
Any of you guys have had a delete done on your Detroit DD's? I just purchased a 2011 Freightliner with a DD13 with SCR and really want to remove that stuff before I have any problems with it. Not a lot on the internet about deletes on these trucks like there is on the Cummins. This truck is for off road use only ;).
replyreply
(02-10-2018 )giannid Wrote:  Any of you guys have had a delete done on your Detroit DD's? I just purchased a 2011 Freightliner with a DD13 with SCR and really want to remove that stuff before I have any problems with it. Not a lot on the internet about deletes on these trucks like there is on the Cummins. This truck is for off road use only ;).

A lot of really crappy tuning for detroit out there just like the red engines.

Unilevers and/or Gearhead (or Mr. Hag, he uses those 2 guys for detroits) are your only options for them if you want one that is not "guessed at".

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
(02-10-2018 )giannid Wrote:  Any of you guys have had a delete done on your Detroit DD's? I just purchased a 2011 Freightliner with a DD13 with SCR and really want to remove that stuff before I have any problems with it. Not a lot on the internet about deletes on these trucks like there is on the Cummins. This truck is for off road use only ;).

One of our guys had a DD16 deleted. Worked for a year okay, but no difference in power or fuel economy. So he took it to another tuner, they cranked it up a bunch.
He was Really Happy with the power... for about a month, then a Big Bang. Had to get it towed.
Cracked a liner, broke a valve. $42,000 later and no warranty, he is back on the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Doublecoin

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.