What is this valve?
10-03-2017, (Subject: What is this valve? ) 
What is this valve?
'11 prostar with 871. Whats the diverter valve lookin thing with 2 coolant hose coming out the top of it and a handle on the end. Passenger side directly in front of the front shock. Ill try to attach a pic.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: What is this valve?
(10-03-2017 )smorgan87 Wrote:  '11 prostar with 871. Whats the diverter valve lookin thing with 2 coolant hose coming out the top of it and a handle on the end. Passenger side directly in front of the front shock. Ill try to attach a pic.

Did your truck have an apu on it at one time? That looks like the coolant valve that my apu is connected to my engine coolant with.
replyreply
I dont think so. No evidence of one ever being on it. Steps are on the passenger side where one would normally be mounted and it was all sprayed b4 i bought it.
replyreply
10-05-2017, (Subject: What is this valve? ) 
Looks like a factory APU/Webasto/Espar "prep" option, so connecting one would be simple.
That's a pretty common option ordered on a large percentage of trucks coming into Canada.

Valve open, coolant flows through accessory; valve closed, coolant bypasses accessory in case of leak, failure, service, etc.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , smorgan87
10-05-2017, (Subject: What is this valve? ) 
Same APU valve I have on my ProStar, wish it worked.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.