Help choosing an 871 truck
06-17-2018, (Subject: Help choosing an 871 truck ) 
RE: Help choosing an 871 truck
I have limited access to a desktop computer these days. Much easier than using my phone for posting pics. please let me know if hotlinking or offsite hosting is not allowed.

I purchased this roll off trailer in Houston 3 or four months ago. It only needed the cable (reeving) cylinders rebuilt. Trailer is ten years old and saw very little use. Both reeving cylinders developed leaks from sitting unused for around 6 or more years. Those cylinders were huge at 10' of stroke and 8" inside diameter but we managed to get them done and back in while it was still in houston. we also removed the tarp system and a toolbox from the trailer. I might remove the lift (pusher) axle as well. Still on the fence on that one but for my upcoming use, I dont need it.

So I hauled the trailer back behind the prostar when I drove it home. trailer weighs 22,000 lbs. Truck weighs 17,000 lbs. Truck pulled it fine. Truck has 3.73's in it and a 10 speed. I saw 71 mph at 1600rpm. Frame job looks great. Anyone that's looked at it in person couldn't tell where the splice is until I pointed it out. This last week we cleaned and painted the truck frame, ran the overhead adj on the engine, decals on doors, inspection and plates. I have a set of six aluminum wheels set aside for it. Should look better as time goes on. I just lack the wetkit that will run a walking floor and later also the grapple crane. Grapple crane needs 32 gallons per minute. Walking floor can only receive a max of 35 gpm. I was able to setup my first and only current crane truck to use one wetkit for both functions by incorporating a an electric hyd switching valve and it has worked fine so far for either the walking floor and or crane.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.