Drive line noise mystery? Solved
05-03-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
RE: Drive line noise mystery?
(05-02-2018 )alborz Wrote:  I think the guy at the shop put the rear/ rear spring for the front and the one for the front to the rear
How can I figure it out?
Anybody knows a link, source, or something?

take a few photos of them and post em?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-04-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 

(05-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-02-2018 )alborz Wrote:  I think the guy at the shop put the rear/ rear spring for the front and the one for the front to the rear
How can I figure it out?
Anybody knows a link, source, or something?

take a few photos of them and post em?

Thanks Rawze
Picture number 1 is front axle

Number 2 rear axle

And 3 rear rear yoke
replyreply
05-05-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
I think you are right the spring that is on your front axle should be on the rear axle. You can Google leaf spring for peterbilt low air leaf and diagrams of suspension will come up from various web sites. You can also Google peterbilt low air leaf rear cut off and salvage yards have them for sale with pictures I looked at some and they all looked like spring with the bigger arch goes on rear axle if you had all 4 springs replaced looks like yours are opposite. I had a peterbilt with low air but was old style yours is new style like 2006 and newer Kenworth also uses your style I have peterbilt flex air kenworth also uses this suspension
replyreply
 Thanks given by: alborz
05-14-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
RE: Drive line noise mystery? Solved
Yes I was right
The guy at the shop had. Put rear rear spring leaves on the front and frornt for rear.
The slight bow shaped rear rear spring would make the axle to rotate upward and making the yuke inline with enteraxle drive shaft.
Since he put rear spring for the front there ewas a mis alignment to both drive shafts and since the drive shafts and yuke wee rotating at different speed so that f.. noise was traveling up to the front and heard in cab plus unusual vineration.
If you read this thread entirey you’ll understand what I have been through. All because an hourly guy made a simple mistake and the manager refused to review their work.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress , Chamberpains , B O Double V
05-15-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
Did the shop that made the mistake correct the problem immediately and at their expense? We understand things happen. But it's how they are handled and corrected that makes a reputation.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-15-2018, (Subject: Drive line noise mystery? Solved ) 
No
They didn’t, as I picked up the truck and heard the grinding noise I turned back toward the shop. The guy who seems to be supervisor or manager didn’t accept their mistakes..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.