Paccar fuel filter doesn't stay full
02-28-2018, (Subject: Paccar fuel filter doesn't stay full ) 
RE: Paccar fuel filter doesn't stay full
Thanks Rawze. This just started after air in fuel-water separator episode. I changed to the 30 micron filter to keep fuel pump from cavitating or killing injectors with air trapped in fuel system. The so-called new and improved fuel pump was priced to me for $4960 from Peterbilt. Wanted to make sure I needed it before I spent that kind of money. I'm new to this forum so be patient with me as I learn.
replyreply
I think my reply and question got passed over because this guy posted in my thread. On the fuel line on the passenger side tank there's dirty looking fuel. I had a mechanic tell me that wouldn't cause a problem. I tried tightening the fitting. Do you think that's causing the problem? Should I replace that hose? Thanks.
replyreply
(02-28-2018 )aaronb Wrote:  I think my reply and question got passed over because this guy posted in my thread. On the fuel line on the passenger side tank there's dirty looking fuel. I had a mechanic tell me that wouldn't cause a problem. I tried tightening the fitting. Do you think that's causing the problem? Should I replace that hose? Thanks.

Any fuel leak in a fuel line is a problem that should be fixed right away. Maybe post some pictures?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Here's a few pictures. I just sprayed it with carburetor cleaner to try and clean it up some so I can try and see where the leak is.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
03-02-2018, (Subject: Paccar fuel filter doesn't stay full ) 
There is a small hole on top of the filter next to the rubber seal that gets clogged up. I'm thinking it's there to equalize fuel inside and outside of filter element. I noticed when I changed my filter one time it had a big glob of crap around that rubber seal. When this happens inside of filter stays full of fuel and creates the air pocket around the outside. If that little hole wasn't sunken down in the top like that it probably wouldn't happen as often as it does because any trash will settle to the bottom of everything. Hope this helps everyone with the Paccar setup. Next time this happens check that tiny hole on top.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
03-02-2018, (Subject: Paccar fuel filter doesn't stay full ) 
Fuel return line should be air tight and always under fuel. If it's not fuel will flow back when engine not running. Don't know for sure for 871 but 2250 2350.
./uploads/201803/post_1794_1520034038_046770eeac619ed6ae633ebff765ac21.png
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.