Ticking or Rattling noise In CYL #1
01-04-2023, (Subject: Ticking or Rattling noise In CYL #1 ) 
RE: Ticking or Rattling noise In CYL #1
(06-13-2018 )tbrink54 Wrote:  
(06-12-2018 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Easy pull valve cover to check rockers. Check detent in all jake rockers. Have saw several that the detent spring was broken in jake rocker or the shaft it self was worn pretty good. Then you will be able to inspect all rockers and camshaft...
I have taken a wide and long piece of card board and placed on top of head and ran engine with out valve and that will show if its something up top/

Thank you for your input. I have done everything you suggested already, Like I was saying with the valve cover off, the engine running. you don't hear the noise at the bottom of the Head. you hear it mostly in the valve rocker assembly. The detent on Jake is good. the rockers all have play but just the same as the other ones that don't make noise. I am going to pull the Timing cover today and check out the gear train on the front. Hopefully find some answers.
Well did you find anything?
replyreply
01-04-2023, (Subject: Ticking or Rattling noise In CYL #1 ) 
RE: Ticking or Rattling noise In CYL #1
(01-04-2023 )wrightone Wrote:  ...Well did you find anything?

This is an older thread...the OP hasn't logged in since March of 19'. You most likely won't get a response on this one unless one of the other posters knew the outcome.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.