My Pete rebuild
12-12-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
RE: My Pete rebuild
(12-12-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(12-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(12-12-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  How exactly did Rawze throw a mark on the damper? What did he use?

yeah I wondered this too

A sharpie lol. The things he thinks up on the fly, I tell ya. He had me crank it, while he stood with sharpie on hand and timed the puff-puff-puff to make a mark on the spinning dampener. Then looking where the marks was on the dampener could tell me in seconds what cylinder group it was. I'm pretty sure he has the entire quickserve manual memorized.

I can't quite picture this. So Rawze is laying under the truck and at idle(roughly 800 rpm) reaches in and puts a sharpie mark on the dampener at the exact second the truck puffs out some smoke?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
They call him “The Master” for good reason. Soon Grasshopper, you will understand...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
(12-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I can't quite picture this. So Rawze is laying under the truck and at idle(roughly 800 rpm) reaches in and puts a sharpie mark on the dampener at the exact second the truck puffs out some smoke?

lol

No, standing on the side, by the filler tube holding the sharpie where the marking is on the front cover for the ABC marks on the dampener -truck was not running, just cranking it over with the starter, ecm unplugged. It isn't a dead hole, so we couldn't really tell by resistance when turning engine over by hand. I'd embellish the story by saying he held the sharpie like a lance and jousted it at the dampener, but I was at the key cranking and couldn't see. lol, Rawze, was it a flick or a stab maneuver? Either way, he did 2 marks that was accurate enough to point to which set of cylinders it was coming from, I guess the concrete proof will be when the pistons are pulled and I find the culprit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , tree98
I can see Rawze under that damper with the sharpie right now... Swoosh! Swoosh! The Master at work... {LOL}
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Rawze
12-13-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
(12-12-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I can see Rawze under that damper with the sharpie right now... Swoosh! Swoosh! The Master at work... {LOL}

I'm Laughing so hard, I spilled my beer dammit!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-16-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
(01-30-2019 )Nostalgic Wrote:  Not sure if anyone is still following along, but had a family crisis and I stopped being
even remotely productive for a while, and the interior sat like this...

I did manage to get the fridge and my poor man's cabinet installed. I had priced out the Iowa Customs fridge/storage cabinet, and while it's nice this will have to do. I'm not quite sure what the bottomless sliders from the factory were supposed to do, but I used 1 with a bottom, and one with a surface for a workstation.

So, short of running a power cord and securing the microwave and printer, the sleeper is done.

I got so used to working without seats, now that they're installed, I remember how restricting narrow cabs are, but here's hoping I can adjust?

As of now, the Knoedler seats seem to be pretty comfortable, but I need a few weeks with them to determine if it was worth trading in the dog's pillow and my milk crate.

While I'm happy with how it turned out, I wish I had been able to tackle the peeling dash... maybe I'll get a vacation some year and do it?

AWESOME
replyreply
12-19-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Why can I hear Rawze doing a Mr. Miagi voice "Mark on, Mark off"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Nostalgic
12-19-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
What a week...
Started off yesterday with my first os.

A few hours later saw this box flying in the air and landing in the left lane.

And proceeded to hit the ski rack in the right lane...

People will talk about time slowing down during events like this, but I didn't have that experience at all. It felt like it all happened in a split second. First the metallic sound of the belts in my steer tire being punctured, the odd swooshing sound of the air separating the inner liner from the tread belts followed by the thumping as the sidewalls shredded and the truck shifted it's weight towards the shoulder.
replyreply
12-20-2019, (Subject: My Pete rebuild ) 
Yup happens pretty quick. But its manageable and fairly controllable. Just get out of the throttle and start guiding it to the shoulder. Momma said momma said there'd be weeks like this there'd be weeks like this, my m.... or something like that.

Oh and it's OD (Over Dimensional) not OS (Out of Service) unless you were showing you were out of service with an OD load on... then I'll shut up.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.