2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559
10-05-2018, (Subject: 2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559 ) 
2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559
I have a 10’ ISX15 633k Miles with this code on this is my current situation.

It all started when Last Wednesday Sept. 26-18 I noticed a clunking problem like the fuel was cutting out and then kicking back back in at full throttle since I was due for service I thought it would be the fuel filters that were dirty so then last Friday Sept. 28-18 I did service on my truck and noticed small metal shavings On my Fuel & Water separator then I remembered that I had found a thread about shavings In your Water Seperator that has to do with the fuel pump head plungers.

So I took the fuel pump head out and plungers were bad and surprisingly this truck still had the ceramic pins. I went ahead and replaced plungers with the new steel pins, replaced the tappets as well the camshaft in the pump was totally fine no scratches or anything. I also swapped my transfer fuel pump since I was at it.

NOTE: I had to leave the fuel pump head out overnight due to head gasket I couldn’t get till next day.

I put everything back on let it prime for about 5 minutes. Started it and it fired up let it ran for 30 mins then drove it and the fuel cutting out was worst and then the CEL light came on with the fuel pressure code.

I had a guy come look at it and did a performance test with Insite and my fuel Rail PSI was at 30k during the test. Next day I drove it couple minutes into the drive and the light came back on. I then swapped fuel filters again and changed Fuel Rail sensor, Pressure relief valve and the actuator behind the fuel pump and my issue still there.

Sorry Long post a lot to read but I’m giving out as many info as I can
Thanks.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: 2010 ISX15 Fuel Rail Pressure CODE 559
does it pass a leak-down test?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RaideRue
do a fuel pump return flow test. Make sure you isolate it - ide be willing to bet the sealing crush washer on the bottom of the barrels didnt crush right and is bypassing.

Building 30K pressure at idle and no load during the test is easy - Its supplying the volume of fuel needed at 30K psi under full load that pumps show strain. either that or when the plungers went they took a few injectors with them.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RaideRue , imalumberjack
(10-05-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  does it pass a leak-down test?

im gonna have the guy with th Insite perform this test today. Thanks
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  do a fuel pump return flow test. Make sure you isolate it - ide be willing to bet the sealing crush washer on the bottom of the barrels didnt crush right and is bypassing.

Building 30K pressure at idle and no load during the test is easy - Its supplying the volume of fuel needed at 30K psi under full load that pumps show strain. either that or when the plungers went they took a few injectors with them.

Uni

how do I go about doing a fuel pump return test? Thanks for your input btw.

I’m starting to think an injector might be bad too. Weird thing is I never had the check engine light last week or ever until I swapped the pump plungers and drove it again.
replyreply
Fuel return test is detailed in quickserve.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RaideRue
(10-05-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  do a fuel pump return flow test. Make sure you isolate it - ide be willing to bet the sealing crush washer on the bottom of the barrels didnt crush right and is bypassing.

Uni
I also had an issue with the crush washers (first time I did it I really didn't have proper tools) pulled pump head and removed barrels, installed new crush washers and it works fine. Quick serve says barrels are not reusable so far proved that wrong.
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  

Uni
I also had an issue with the crush washers (first time I did it I really didn't have proper tools) pulled pump head and removed barrels, installed new crush washers and it works fine. Quick serve says barrels are not reusable so far proved that wrong.

did yours have a really hard time starting up? My truck almost doesn’t want to start ever since then
replyreply
(10-05-2018 )RaideRue Wrote:  
(10-05-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  

Uni

did yours have a really hard time starting up? My truck almost doesn’t want to start ever since then
yes, barely started would not run more than 20-30 seconds. When I installed fuel pump head it would not pass the plunger test, it would extend plungers with air test. When I first installed barrels I was 1600 miles from home and did not have a torque wrench and did not know how critical it would be. I used a 1 5/8's end wrench guessed at the 60? pounds and attempted to turn the 60 degrees .... I could only get close and obviously it was not close enough. I had bought truck at auction as non-operational so I was hoping I could make it run and drive home? but finally gave up and had it shipped .... little did I know it was a dollar crush washer and a torque wrench away .... could have saved 3500 bucks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.