Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
12-05-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
RE: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently
They pressure tested the coolant and say it's ok. This problem is intermittent.
replyreply
They mostly,are checking overfueling issues. I don't know if they had checked any issues with the oil. How can oil cause overfueling?
replyreply
I always thought blue smoke was oil
replyreply
12-06-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(12-05-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  They mostly,are checking overfueling issues. I don't know if they had checked any issues with the oil. How can oil cause overfueling?

Was thinking about how do they checked overfueling since it was posted. Checked quick serve bible and didn't find any words.
How was cylinder cutout test? Injector performance test?
Injector leak test?
Do you smell unburned fuel from exhaust?
replyreply
Any sensor faults?. Maybe a intermittent wiring issue with one of the engine sensors like imap, exhaust pressure, fuel or air temp?. Anyone monitor the sync pulse feedback for the crank and cam position sensors to see if they are in sync?

monitor engine data and catch it when it switches between good and bad?.

- Sometimes it is the not so obvious. For example, I had a truck here yesterday that had low fuel mileage for 2 years, high 4's and low 5's even though the driver was babying the hell out of it. It had been to several places to have it looked at. 5 minutes of it being here, I found the thermostat housing passage for the exhaust back-pressure sensor was 100% blocked up so badly, I had to take a coat hanger and dig it free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
(12-06-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-05-2018 )Tamip Wrote:  They mostly,are checking overfueling issues. I don't know if they had checked any issues with the oil. How can oil cause overfueling?

Was thinking about how do they checked overfueling since it was posted. Checked quick serve bible and didn't find any words.
Injector leak test?
Yeah, I was missing on that also? Over fuel by 40%? an old CAT would just pull harder! So maybe 40% percent of fuel is not being burned in cylinder? Would have to be injector, timing side I would think.
replyreply
12-07-2018, (Subject: Cm2250 overfueling intermittently ) 
(12-06-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  

Injector leak test?

Yes when it decides to act up I do smell fuel and there's lots of white smoke coming out the exhaust. Jerry Mckneely ran some tests at last shop in OKC remotely. Not really sure what all he did. I'm getting fuel in the oil. I called cummins in joplin and they said it could be the fuel pump, fuel drain line restriction, injectors (just put 6 remans in) or cracked cylinder head. Not sure how any of this can cause this intermittent issue. I just broke down again. Got just under 400 miles this time. Same issues.,
replyreply
(12-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Any sensor faults?. Maybe a intermittent wiring issue with one of the engine sensors like imap, exhaust pressure, fuel or air temp?. Anyone monitor the sync pulse feedback for the crank and cam position sensors to see if they are in sync?

monitor engine data and catch it when it switches between good and bad?.

- Sometimes it is the not so obvious. For example, I had a truck here yesterday that had low fuel mileage for 2 years, high 4's and low 5's even though the driver was babying the hell out of it. It had been to several places to have it looked at. 5 minutes of it being here, I found the thermostat housing passage for the exhaust back-pressure sensor was 100% blocked up so badly, I had to take a coat hanger and dig it free.

No codes at all on dash.
replyreply
(12-05-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  A tech would put in a clear line before the pump to see if any air was traveling through the line.

I told the shop to do that but I doubt they listened
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.