Side skirts worn a hole through my fuel tank
05-03-2016, (Subject: Side skirts worn a hole through my fuel tank ) 
Side skirts worn a hole through my fuel tank
Really do not want to purchase a new fuel tank the skirts have worn in the area about 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall. I really want to try a product such as J-B Weld to fix it but wondering if there's anything else similar that would be better maybe I can find someone to weld it... thank

Let me clarify the skirts Wore a depression into the tank where are the aluminum is now very thin in that location and is cracked on each end and leaking
I think my original post may have sounded like there was A3 by 2 hole and that is not the case it is a depression
replyreply
RE: Side skirts worn a hole through my fuel tank
(05-03-2016 )jan0272 Wrote:  Really do not want to purchase a new fuel tank the skirts have worn in the area about 3 inches wide and 2 inches tall. I really want to try a product such as J-B Weld to fix it but wondering if there's anything else similar that would be better maybe I can find someone to weld it... thank

Let me clarify the skirts Wore a depression into the tank where are the aluminum is now very thin in that location and is cracked on each end and leaking
I think my original post may have sounded like there was A3 by 2 hole and that is not the case it is a depression

I think I would find a place to get a patch welded over it. You might be able to find one reasonable priced at a bone yard.
replyreply
Don't waste your time trying to patch it with JB unless it's just to get you home. 100- 150 gl tank runs about $350 from a scrapper. You have to drain and flush it anyway to Heliarc.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Ok how bout some suggestions on where to find a tank, I'm in Florida needs to be a rear fill 100 gal. KW T2000
replyreply
05-04-2016, (Subject: Side skirts worn a hole through my fuel tank ) 
What part of Florida?
replyreply
A few places in the tampa area are big3trucks.com, http://www.joestruckparts.com, and http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/locations/l...do-fl.aspx
replyreply
lkqcorp actually has a fuel tank for a 2001 t2000 in stock...
replyreply
(05-04-2016 )Nilao Wrote:  What part of Florida?
Jacksonville area, thanks.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.