Big rig questions
03-07-2019, (Subject: Big rig questions ) 
RE: Big rig questions
Find a truck with a m11 or ism Cummins. Best on fuel super reliable. Like a frieghtliner century from early year 2 thousands. Don’t let people scare you away because of tires or maintenance. 255 tires aren’t much different price than 19.5 on a 550 Ford. Parts on a truck of that year aren’t much different. Working on a pickup cost a lot and wears out quicker. A real Jake break. Real breaks. Abundance of power it’s all a win. I’ve seen it done both ways. A truck registered as a rv is cheap.
replyreply
03-08-2019, (Subject: Big rig questions ) 
What trucks and years do the m11 and ISM come in?
replyreply
03-09-2019, (Subject: Big rig questions ) 
Late 90’s early 2000. Maybe up to 2004 or so then they put egr. This motor is like a 11 liter 5.9 Cummins with a real Jake break. You could literally get 10-11 mpg pulling a rv if you not going to fast. I had one with a 450hp fire truck program in it that I got 12 mpg pulling a small 3000 gallon tank trailer loaded one way empty back. It got good enough fuel mileage that when I put a driver in it and I drove my truck with 15 liter Detroit s60. The fuel difference doing the same work running together the ism fuel savings paid the drivers wages. That’s what emissions did for us.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.