EGR ?
03-16-2019, (Subject: EGR ? ) 
RE: EGR ?
(03-16-2019 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  ..
what if I unplug the magic plug a week and then plug it back for like 2 days then back to unplug and on and on

Nope, you need Insite to clear the fault(s) before it will regen on its own again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Geared_Cortex
(03-16-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-16-2019 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  ..
what if I unplug the magic plug a week and then plug it back for like 2 days then back to unplug and on and on

Nope, you need Insite to clear the fault(s) before it will regen on its own again.

When I first got the truck in october I watched the egr tune up first video and decided to unplug the magic plug .I did not get any check engine as expected but felt the difference in how the engine was running without without drowning in it's own kaka . I had no clue what I was doing so I put it back in place after a week because I remembered I had no clue what I was doing . Then I cleaned all the pipes and replaced the dps on the exhaust side .What I find weird is that it when back to normal and did its normal active regens. Still getting 5mpg. Winter was harsh here in canada so I couldn't work on it to much .Also worked my ass off 18h/day because I just started my own business and that's how it is at first . Wasn't very happy with that 5mpg so I changed both sensors on intake side and cleaned the doser injector last week . Now It runs beautifully imo . I'm just curious to how did it not give me a check engine light and came back to normal active regens after I plug it back . Any Idea or things I can check or try to figure it out ? I'm trying to get insite but Its very expensive from cummins and I cant find the china one on ebay .And just to make things better my ex wife is killing me with her demands to settel for the divorce . Never mary a lawyer is the only good advice I have for now lol. Any help is very much appreciated

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-INLINE-6-Da...43754084d1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Geared_Cortex
(03-16-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-INLINE-6-Da...43754084d1

Thank you Lonestar10 I just got it on its way . Should get it april 10 . Cant wait to see....

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply
05-12-2019, (Subject: EGR ? ) 
(03-16-2019 )Geared_Cortex Wrote:  ...
I watched the egr tune up first video and decided to unplug the magic plug .I did not get any check engine as expected

you should have gotten a check engine light. - Something serious amiss there. You might want to have your ecu programming checked out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.