Crankcase pressure
04-14-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
RE: Crankcase pressure
I was researching how to do that and what there suppose to be set at. I wonder if cat would come out and cut for me? I might buy one if they wernt thousands. I'll have head off today. I got manifolds off yesterday.

The front cover was leaking so I'm sure I better change that gasket to. I used the right stuff to make it seal. But that won't last lol

From what I've read you pin the motor before u pull gears off and they are all preset. Like they all bolt on and that's it. They just need to be sure there timed.

I was going to leave cam gear on cam and pull as one piece. If cam looks and specs out OK does a guy change anyways?

Like we're does a guy stop lol

Another thing I noticed is when I took a pry bar and put being crank pully and pryed out the crank moved little over 16th of a inch. Like there is no thrust bearing left.

I'm definitely getting everything from cat, the gold kit is 4500, it's all reman stuff of course, they said to take head to were they take there stuff and if it checks out then use it.
replyreply
Here is a few pics of turbo and intake ports.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Few more

replyreply
Looks like turbos been sucking a small amount of dust starting to erode the edge of blades make sure whens shes back together that all the intake piping is sealed up tight and using a good air filter. if in very dusty enviroment might try a prefilter on the air filter to.
replyreply
ya its been dusted for sure. you can see the eroded edges on the turbo.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DSTdriver
Gottcha.

I got everything off but the head. I ran out of beer But all I have is a ground cable, the 2 front bolts that go into head and the head bolts and she should come off. I looked through the top with a light and number 1 and number 6 is up and you can see it. It's either a casting line or a crack. I can't tell but there is Def a line of some sort.

All the injectors looked good, except for the last 2. They had a burnt ring almost all the way to the o ring were the fuel is? Those were going by were they seat.

And one of the intake valve stems looked like it was higher that the others on cyl 5.

Ill know more when I take head off tomm.

replyreply
take pictures of the bottom of the head and of the tops of the pistons before they are cleaned and post em here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: race7820000
04-15-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
Here are some. The one close up of the head has alot of deposits

replyreply
04-15-2019, (Subject: Crankcase pressure ) 
How much play should a piston have when it's in a cylinder? Number 5 is down and the piston will move back and forth in cylinder more than I think it should, the rest don't move. Like u can see the Compression ring
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.