Where to find part # to this hose?
04-06-2019, (Subject: Where to find part # to this hose? ) 
Where to find part # to this hose?
Not so much a Freightliner part question, but most likely something many of the Cummins ISX15's share.

I'm trying to find a small rubber hose (coolant) that is located on the very back, lower corner of the EGR cooler. The hose makes a 90degree bend and is very short. Maybe 3/4" in diameter. Looks like the hose connects to a pipe thread fitting that is screwed into the cooler housing.

Quickserve doesn't show it on their diagram. I'll get a pic when the weather lets up.

When doing an inspection this morning, I noticed the damn thing just starting to seep on the cooler side, so I want to go ahead and replace it.

Thanks in advance...
replyreply
04-07-2019, (Subject: Where to find part # to this hose? ) 
RE: Where to find part # to this hose?
I have a metal pipe there, that is more than likely a Freightliner part. I would drain off the coolant and remove the hose. Take it up to NAPA or FleetPride if you have one near you that can match the hose physically with something in stock. If you can match the bend and hose I.D. just cut to size.

Or, you can make your own if you need a true 90* bend, use some brass pipe nipple and a brass 90* pipe fitting with heater hose. Should be able to find those parts at Home Depot, Lowes or any good hardware store. That is, if you have the room.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
04-07-2019, (Subject: Where to find part # to this hose? ) 
RE: Where to find part # to this hose?
...A little tight, but I think I can manage. It would be better hard piped I'm sure anyway. I would've thought it was a Cummins part being the location and what it is. Could be a Freightliner part...gotta save those dollars anywhere they can lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.