CM 570 misfire and power loss
05-09-2019, (Subject: CM 570 misfire and power loss ) 
Brick CM 570 misfire and power loss
Hello to all. Maybe somebody have any thoughts on my problem. I have cm570 with 1,4million miles(ECM shows, but not sure). Bought a truck with rough idle, Changed all actuators and its solve the problem. Drove about 150k miles and now I have a misfire at idle and under the load, also loss of power. No fault codes. At this time I did rods and mains, cams was ok, new turbo, fuel pressure is ok, injector test from in-site is ok. Engine is dry, no oil leaks, maybe couple drops of oil from blow-by tube in the morning. Cam and crank sensors, intake pressure sensor new, boost ok, no smoke, no coolant lose, oil change 10k miles 15w-40 and add only 1 gal between. Have a little blow-by. All oil analysis came back good, no soot. What can I check else? Maybe I miss something small? Any way thank you for your attention.
replyreply
05-09-2019, (Subject: CM 570 misfire and power loss ) 
RE: CM 570 misfire and power loss
Adjust the overhead valves correctly + set injectors,.. then do an injector leak test...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-10-2019, (Subject: CM 570 misfire and power loss ) 
I see no mention of condition of the wiring harness to the actuators. After you run the proper injector test Rawze posted, you may want give the harness a good look over. If it's tattered, with that old of an engine, I wouldn't think twice about putting one on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I agree with Chamberpains , I just replaced mine last winter and little gremlins are gone now.
replyreply
If you're close to Minnesota, I still have my Old ECM' and harness Willing to install, if anything changes.
Old ECM's are very flaky. So beware
Of that.
replyreply
Thank you for all responses. I did injector leak test, when changed actiators, no leaks so far. I'm thinking about the wiring too. I think it's old. What part of harness you will recommend to change first? Engine harness, injector or front part of main? What symptoms of bad piston, liners etc? Is only a blow-by is indicate this?
replyreply
(05-10-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  If you're close to Minnesota, I still have my Old ECM' and harness Willing to install, if anything changes.
Old ECM's are very flaky. So beware
Of that.
I'm in Chicago area.
replyreply
(05-10-2019 )Finland25 Wrote:  Thank you for all responses. I did injector leak test, when changed actiators, no leaks so far. I'm thinking about the wiring too. I think it's old. What part of harness you will recommend to change first? Engine harness, injector or front part of main? What symptoms of bad piston, liners etc? Is only a blow-by is indicate this?

If the wiring is original, I would say replace it all from the firewall out. I have no clue on availability for a 570, I'm assuming it is an early 2000 model tractor, so wiring is around 20 years old. I have a 2008, and have kicked the idea around of purchasing the harnesses now while available and storing until the OEM wiring starts failing on me, which it eventually will, especially in Michigan with our weather.
replyreply
05-11-2019, (Subject: CM 570 misfire and power loss ) 
(05-10-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  ...
have kicked the idea around of purchasing the harnesses now while available and storing until the OEM wiring starts failing on me, which it eventually will, especially in Michigan with our weather.

I have thought about that too. Maybe get a new wiring harness and re-wrap it with cloth tape + coat it in flex-seal. Make it into something that can last the next 20+ years lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.