C15 6nz Inframe time
08-21-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
RE: C15 6nz Inframe time
Thanks Uni.

Yeah I rang them asking for a price on the one piece piston kits and they said due to having no warranty they don’t sell to the end user! I think only way is 3rd party.
replyreply
08-21-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
As Uni told me when I did mine and said it looked good...... use a sled guage dial indicator and nothing else and you will find your issues.

In my case, liner flange bad a 5 thou and a 10 thou dip in one hole alone..... cat allows 1 thou.

If you cut this corner, you've wasted your money

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask
02-12-2021, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
Just FYI - and worth someone confirming on here, I don't think you can get a reman head from cat now on the C15 ACERTs at least. I'm rebuilding one that went 34,000 hours and 1 mil km, and the reman head that was ordered comes with the date stamp of 2020. Mechanic also told me that they only produce virgin heads now.

Could be wrong, but the head I have is from November 2020.

If that's the case for ACERTs, i'd assume it's true for the older 6NZ's.
replyreply
02-13-2021, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
This is the first I've heard of the steel liners. I would definitely be interested in trying a set. As far as the head from Portland, I'll run it over a head from cat hands down. I got one on my personal truck going on 2 1/2 years, {portion of post removed}. Not a single issue with it. Another on tuned 6nz, never had it on the dyno but it runs very well. I just did a b model with his head. It looks like a nice piece, time will tell. I will be trying one of his heads on my x15 when the time comes unless I see reason not to. Others may have had different experience with them. Mine have been good. The man went 300 miles out his way to bring me the b model head last month after I ordered it at 10 pm. He was at my shop at 8 pm the next evening with a ready to go head and no shipping charges to boot. Now everyone has they're own experiences with products. But remember you don't know the workmanship of the mechanic unless you did the work yourself. You will always here how bad something was if there's a problem with it a million times but rarely will you here how good something is if it doesn't fail. My two cents with my own experiences.
replyreply
02-13-2021, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
I would not be using any aftermarket heads on an ISX, plenty of stories here on premature failure, more than I can remember. Buy OEM, NEW, not reman, because the Cummins reman heads are junk too.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
02-14-2021, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
This thread is 18 months old folks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.