Last straw
09-28-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
RE: Last straw
(09-28-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  And turbo actuator has a bad logic board and turbo itself sounds little rough sounds like a trip to yiyoto
Rawze, would you put up some info about your canbus tester?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
Was your intercooler oem or aftermarket?
Any warranty on it? For that kind of money would hope it lasts longer than 2 months.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(09-28-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  Was your intercooler oem or aftermarket?
Any warranty on it? For that kind of money would hope it lasts longer than 2 months.

it is an OEM cooler. He did not test it when it was installed though so as far as anyone knows, it could have been bad out of the box. It has some bad welds in the drivers side towards the bottom. Thing leaks so much air out, it is like someone standing there with a blo-gun even at only 5 psi.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(09-28-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  So far probably 2k for turbo rebuild then some more for actuator bout 1800 for CAC and bout 100 for cams so far... Owell if needs be done it shall be done atleast head seems ok.

Turbo checks out ok. Actuator has a bad board. The thing will not hold a steady position at all and chatters and jerks wildly when it does move. <- Ironically it throws no codes whatsoever.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(09-28-2019 )DVT873 Wrote:  
(09-28-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  And turbo actuator has a bad logic board and turbo itself sounds little rough sounds like a trip to yiyoto
Rawze, would you put up some info about your canbus tester?

It is an Elegoo TFT screen made for an Arduino Uno, but I made a custom adapter board for a teensy 3.6 (Arduino) in Kicad and had a circuit board company make blank board. So .... it is connected to a Teensy 3.6 Arduino + can bus adapter circuit. The teensy was used to achieve the processing power needed to keep up with the J1939 high speed signals. I started out making it with an UNO board but it was waay too slow.

-- All the drivers for the can bus + the J1939 drivers + the connection drivers for the elegoo screen + the graphics and text library are literally all 100% written by me from scratch along with the entire program for testing turbos. <- there are drivers and libraries out there for screen, can bus on the internet but they all suck real bad, are written very poorly, and are way too slow. The can bus driver libraries for the teensy 3.6 are just plain horrible. so are all the graphics libraries that came with the display.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: DVT873 , Brock
OK I am lost completely on that. Would I be correct that its used to validate the actuator function? Not surprised they don't code. I work mostly on MD NAV engines and frequently run into EGR valves that are not positioning correctly but leave no codes.
replyreply
(09-28-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Welp go figure rawze puts his magic eyeballs to work for 20 minutes. and lo and behold valve cam has slipped around 6 degrees.

Exactly how is that diagnosed??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
09-29-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
(09-28-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Welp go figure rawze puts his magic eyeballs to work for 20 minutes. and lo and behold valve cam has slipped around 6 degrees.

(09-28-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Exactly how is that diagnosed??

I wasn't there, and don't know how Rawze checked it, but I bar the motor to "Insert Pin" and insert the crank pin tool, then drop appropriate cam timing wedge in position and verify the wedge sit flush on the cam timing flat.
I check this when I do an overhead.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
09-29-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
(09-29-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

(09-28-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Exactly how is that diagnosed??

I wasn't there, and don't know how Rawze checked it, but I bar the motor to "Insert Pin" and insert the crank pin tool, then drop appropriate cam timing wedge in position and verify the wedge sit flush on the cam timing flat.
I check this when I do an overhead.

That is how I do it too. The "insert-pin" was off by just past a full inch for only the valve cam. The injector cam was spot on 100%.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.