isx black smoke, fuel knock, engine year 2009 running rough
09-18-2019, (Subject: isx black smoke, fuel knock, engine year 2009 running rough ) 
isx black smoke, fuel knock, engine year 2009 running rough
at my wits end, appears to be air in fuel system,air in return is this normal?already listed symtoms in subject.all preasures good, did injector test 2 leakers with air bubbles . replaced no improvement please help.also replaced fuel and timing actuators. once its at temperature it will also start blowing blue smoke like it is regening but 2-3 times as bad and hot pipe light is on. I got pulled over trying to get home but the ranger let me go because I told him it was regening and he looked to see if light was on but you can smell the excess fuel. thank for any help
replyreply
09-18-2019, (Subject: isx black smoke, fuel knock, engine year 2009 running rough ) 
RE: isx black smoke, fuel knock, engine year 2009 running rough
Maybe some history on it?

Miles?

is it de-mandated (deleted)? - If not, what does the regen hstory look like?, etc.

Air filters been changed? - CAC and intake tested?

When did it start? - was it progressively getting worse?

Did you adjust the valves and injectors before doing the bubble test(s)?

Did you replace the injectors that were leaky?

Has anyone checked to see if a cam has slipped?

Cams look good?

What is the boost and pyro doing?

Anyone bother to put 10 psi on the fuel tanks and check for lines leaking, places where it could be sucking air?

Anyone bother to replace IMAP and other important sensors?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
total rebuild in January,new head and exhaust cam. replaced leaky injectors.

seemed to come on in a couple days now is continuess, not deleted, did not regen a lot until the last couple weeks./
if cam slipped wouldn't it show a code and would that put air in return
replyreply
total rebuild in January, new head and exhaust can, replaced leaky injectors now ,
not deleted
didn't regen a lot until the last couple of weeks
if cam slipped wouldn't that show a code and would that put air in return?
got real bad in a couple of days
will still put over 30 on boost no pryo
replyreply
engine is showing no codes
replyreply
if it is blowing black smoke and it still has DPF intact then that is a high possibility that it is cracked and blocking up the exhaust partially.

Start by Pulling the DOC and DPF off and inspect them, take pics of their faces (post em here for some opinions), have them baked, flow-tested and cleaned out.

When is the last time you replaced IMAP and opther sensors, and did an EGR tune-up? -- Anyone check to see if the EGR valve is closing and opening properly?

Anyone check to ensure the Doser injector is not leaky and bleeding fuel into the exhaust?

----

as far as air bubbles in the return line,... that can be totally mis-leading. The CM871 engine fuel system is known for cavitation in the return circuit and quite often shown bubbles when the return line is placed into a bucket, even when there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. - Take it with a grain of salt. - Do what I suggested... pressurize the fuel tanks to 10-15 psi and see if the problem clears up and/or if there are fuel lines leaking going to the engine.

Also do cut-out tests and check actuators, injectors, etc.

==========

high amunts of black smoke + fuel knock (when injectors, overhead adjustment, etc. are good) are usually...

* Stuck open EGR valve.

* Engine being choked severely by the turbocharger or other exhaust restriction.

* Too low of injection timing due to slipped cam(s), bad programming, bad timing actuator(s), or bad wiring to one of the actuators.

* A severe blockage in the intake past the turbo.

* Severely Mis-reading exhaust gas pressure (or blocked cross-pipe for it) or IMAP sensor(s).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Is there a schematic somewhere or on quick-serve to use to try and test the wiring to the actuators?

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
cylinder cutout ok
suction side ok
egr ok
all filters good intake and exhaust
mech 3 of them say if timing was off it would show a code
anybody thinking cracked head?
replyreply
(09-18-2019 )woodwoody1 Wrote:  cylinder cutout ok
suction side ok
egr ok
all filters good intake and exhaust
mech 3 of them say if timing was off it would show a code
anybody thinking cracked head?

sounds like you need a trip to mr. hags then.

BTW: I have seen plenty of engine with bad injection timing throw no codes whatsoever. Not saying it is your issue, but it is one of many possibilities.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.