ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
05-18-2020, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
RE: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
So my ac is working well into my sleeper system, gets nice and cold but it won't in the cab. I checked the lines where the expansion valve and the dryer are but they don't seem to changing temp, not hot or cold. The bigger line coming directly from the compressor gets ice cold but that line looks like it's going directly into the sleeper system. The smaller line that comes from where the radiator is and goes to the dryer and the expansion valve doesn't really feel hot and the line after the expansion valve going into the evap is not ice cold. Any ideas? Rawze said it could be the expansion valve but i want to make sure before I drain the system and replace the expansion valve and dryer.
replyreply
05-29-2020, (Subject: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this... ) 
RE: ProStar AC Receiver Drier, you need to see this...
(05-18-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  So my ac is working well into my sleeper system, gets nice and cold but it won't in the cab. I checked the lines where the expansion valve and the dryer are but they don't seem to changing temp, not hot or cold. The bigger line coming directly from the compressor gets ice cold but that line looks like it's going directly into the sleeper system. The smaller line that comes from where the radiator is and goes to the dryer and the expansion valve doesn't really feel hot and the line after the expansion valve going into the evap is not ice cold. Any ideas? Rawze said it could be the expansion valve but i want to make sure before I drain the system and replace the expansion valve and dryer.

Do you have separate controls for cab/sleeper? could be the thermostat/temp control in the dash not working right or some valve or relay for that loop. AC isn't my thing, but from what you described it sounds more like a control issue related to the cab (dashboard) section.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.