Load Based Speed Control Issue
10-18-2019, (Subject: Load Based Speed Control Issue ) 
Load Based Speed Control Issue
Hi all,

First post but I’ve found a lot of really great info on here over the last couple months. I am having an issue with the Load Based Speed Control on my ISX. A little bit of background, I have a small dirt trucking business and have always ran Cats. This is my first ISX and have really enjoyed it so far. The motor in my truck lived a previous life in a FedEx Freight truck. It’s a CM870, CPL 8520, 400ST. I have it tuned to 500/1650 and it’s been great pulling a belly dump train. The issue I’m having is with the LBSC. I have had my mechanic hook it up to Insite and it will not let us change the setting to anything over 1800 rpm. Being as I’m an O/O I’d really like the dummy controls to be turned off as there are time when we are grossing 129,000 that you need the motor to get a touch higher than 1800. Is there something we are missing in order to change this parameter? Like I said, insite will tell you that anything above 1800 cannot be set on this ECM. It’s a brand new ECM that was put on the truck by a reputable shop when I bought the truck. The tune came from Cummins and was done by the same shop. I’m sort of grasping at straws at this point, anyone have any ideas?
replyreply
RE: Load Based Speed Control Issue
Without calterm your probably stuck with the breakpoints

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: jakebank
forum members mommaburt or unilevers can help you get that turned off if needed. they do 870's all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-19-2019, (Subject: Load Based Speed Control Issue ) 
If you're trying to shut off the LBSC on an 870 "t shift manager enable" in cterm will probably get the job done. Its a simple on off while connected and doesn't need a full flash or download.
This one took me awhile to find and shutoff.
Of course you'll need the underscores in the parameter name to find it.
replyreply
At 120,000lb, the LBSC will not have any effect. It only limits max engine speed at low load.
replyreply
I’m guessing with it being a fleet truck it has a ten speed and the RPM drop is a little too much on the high side. It probably starts tapering the power around 1600-1700.
replyreply
(10-19-2019 )Signature620 Wrote:  At 120,000lb, the LBSC will not have any effect. It only limits max engine speed at low load.

You’d think that, but that’s not the case. The bottom line is as a truck owner I want it turned off if possible.
replyreply
(10-19-2019 )Moose Wrote:  I’m guessing with it being a fleet truck it has a ten speed and the RPM drop is a little too much on the high side. It probably starts tapering the power around 1600-1700.

It has an 18 now, I’m sure it was originally paired with a 10. The problem is I operate in Utah and there is nothing flat. And the program doesn’t always know you’re on an incline. Or maybe there’s a real quick decline running up to a long pull and you want to get that extra bit before getting another gear. It’s trucking for dummies that I’m sure serves fleets well. Like I said, the motor has been great, I’d just love to get this turned off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Moose
(10-19-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If you're trying to shut off the LBSC on an 870 "t shift manager enable" in cterm will probably get the job done. Its a simple on off while connected and doesn't need a full flash or download.
This one took me awhile to find and shutoff.
Of course you'll need the underscores in the parameter name to find it.

Awesome info, thank you! Just need to find some one with cterm now! Thank you sir.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.