END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies
01-04-2021, (Subject: END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies ) 
RE: END OF YEAR #'S; few thoughts for the newbies
Guess it's that time...taking care of IFTA for the 4th quarter (BTW, why the hell is AL fuel tax so high now!?) and thought I'd share some more info for those interested.

These are 2020's results:

Revenue/mile - $1.79
Expense/mile - $0.54
IFTA Q4 (2020) - 8.46mpg
Full 2020 mpg - 8.49
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Volvo8873 , Rawze
Looking good on that fuel mileage. Wish I was as good as you in that area.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Fuel tax is the absolute easiest to sneak in on the American people. You have a panicdemic and "stimulus" and for people to shelter in place and and and and... to pay for. All that free money cost money. Hahahaha

Great numbers. You are gonna be out in front of the shi#t wave thats coming this year. You'll find trucking and fuel cost rise a bit easier to handle than most out there. Hell with those numbers you would've breezed through the 2008-09 $5/gal fuel prices.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
What are you hauling Square, helium?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
^^------- lmao! I haul sod majority of the time and some marine lumber in between when the clock allows. In all fairness though, I do have a good bit of deadhead with the sod. Also, since I'm running LA-AL on I-10, it's very flat. Keeping the speed in the 62-63mph range helps tremendously as well.

(01-04-2021 )Mattman Wrote:  Looking good on that fuel mileage. Wish I was as good as you in that area.

I try to do everything possible to stay on top of it. Get a little obsessive at times, but every few tenths in the right direction is a damn good bump to the profit margin! On top of the dollar savings, it also saves wear n tear on you and your equipment.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(01-04-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Fuel tax is the absolute easiest to sneak in on the American people. You have a panicdemic and "stimulus" and for people to shelter in place and and and and... to pay for. All that free money cost money. Hahahaha

Isn't funny how 'free' costs us dividends in the end?

(01-04-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Great numbers. You are gonna be out in front of the shi#t wave thats coming this year.

Man I'm thinking it's def going to be coming. You CANNOT continuously borrow and borrow and drive the value of the dollar below the dirt and not expect consequences. Where were we before the latest stimulus bill---somewhere in the $27-trillion range. And let's not get started on the ridiculous inappropriate placement of the American tax dollar with this latest stimulus BS.

When the $hit hits the fan us taxpayers are going to get it all over us in the form of a huge bill from Uncle Sam. As it is, it would most likely take 150k from each tax paying citizen in order to cancel the current debt. Unbelievable.....wonder if all that 'aid' we just sent out the country would make the recipients think twice about helping the hand thats currently feeding them if we get into a bind??
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.