Noisy air compressor
01-10-2020, (Subject: Noisy air compressor ) 
RE: Noisy air compressor
(01-10-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(01-09-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Good quality remans!!

That FleetPride Haldex compressor looked good right out of the box, remanned right here in the USA. Been very happy with it, I think it was $900 and of course the core.
So, I got in last night and messed with the compressor. I put some room temperature water in a spray bottle. I took the inlet from the manifold, pumped the air down to 80lbs. While it was pumping air I sprayed water in the inlet. Its warm here in NC and I didn't use a lot of water. I didn't want to use oil because it would collect dust more. After I put it back together I kept pumping the air down and letting it build and spit off. My dryer works really good, hasn't been long since I replaced the spitter, govenor and filter. I drove it today to load a load for Monday and it sounded really good, no more rattle.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
01-11-2020, (Subject: Noisy air compressor ) 
RE: Noisy air compressor
(01-10-2020 )Ricky Wrote:  
(01-10-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(01-09-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Good quality remans!!

That FleetPride Haldex compressor looked good right out of the box, remanned right here in the USA. Been very happy with it, I think it was $900 and of course the core.
So, I got in last night and messed with the compressor. I put some room temperature water in a spray bottle. I took the inlet from the manifold, pumped the air down to 80lbs. While it was pumping air I sprayed water in the inlet. Its warm here in NC and I didn't use a lot of water. I didn't want to use oil because it would collect dust more. After I put it back together I kept pumping the air down and letting it build and spit off. My dryer works really good, hasn't been long since I replaced the spitter, govenor and filter. I drove it today to load a load for Monday and it sounded really good, no more rattle.

there used to be a procedure on quickserv where you disconnect inlet and outlet lines form the compressor and spray it with wd-40 to clean out the head and unloader valve assy. etc. from carbon.

Your also supposed to inspect the lines from the compressor to the air dryer for carbon buildup as well, to see how bad the air system has gotten?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.