Maritime emission rule change
01-20-2020, (Subject: Maritime emission rule change ) 
RE: Maritime emission rule change
The x15 filter is modular DOC DPF SCR individually can be taken apart, removal looks a crap-ton easier too! I wonder if when Cummins does go the non-egr route if were gonna see an influx in total removal of all the EGR components, maybe lower compression pistons? since it will be no longer needed and DOT/EPA/CARB probably will be confused what to look for anymore, or assume you have the new non-EGR one and gloss over it.
replyreply
(01-20-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  I would imagine that Cummins would go non-EGR worldwide. Makes no sense to keep these unreliable piles we currently get if they have something better. If it is better, LOL!

I haven't seen anything mentioning these engines being available for on-highway use. So either it doesn't meet some requirement or it hasn't gotten through some long drawn out government testing and certification process. I don't see Cummins holding this back from the market as it would probably boost their sales and streamline their production.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(01-20-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  The x15 filter is modular DOC DPF SCR individually can be taken apart, removal looks a crap-ton easier too! I wonder if when Cummins does go the non-egr route if were gonna see an influx in total removal of all the EGR components, maybe lower compression pistons? since it will be no longer needed and DOT/EPA/CARB probably will be confused what to look for anymore, or assume you have the new non-EGR one and gloss over it.

Cool, modular! I have seen them, but I did not really get a good look at it as it was stuffed up under the truck. It was small, and that was nice, not like these mess of cans and piping on some of these trucks that I have seen. I wonder if these new all in one cans can be adapted to these older SCR tractors? That would be an improvement, and a weight savings. I looked them up, the pricing I saw was not that bad, if I was looking at the correct all in one units. I think around $3000.
replyreply
https://www.cummins.com/engines/x12-stage-v

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
https://www.cummins.com/engines/l9-stage-v

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(01-20-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://www.cummins.com/engines/l9-stage-v

Throw that little 9L in a hybrid electric truck... That would be cool, enough room for batteries, electric motors at the wheels and plenty of power to keep the truck rolling. Lots of room under the hood too, like that old Cummins M-11 I used to own, 390hp, 3:90 gears, 9 speed, 8+ mpg all day long in a little White Volvo. Make that truck a hybrid, what, 30 mpg?

We need to get Rawze on this, Kickstarter... $$$$$$
replyreply
The truck this little motor is in has a 5.29 ratio, and it is swift.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Just last month I saw the new Modular emissions "can" on a fire truck being built at spartan here in Lancaster, Pa. They are definitely far cleaner than the mess of piping that all previous engines have. It's about the size of kitchen trash can and it appears that you just have to unclamp each section to get it apart. There was very little piping. I was quite impressed how self contained it is. Only 3 small wire harnesses to what appeared to be simple to remove sensors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
01-21-2020, (Subject: Maritime emission rule change ) 
Just to let everyone know...

The engines without any egr, and only a SCR filter .....

* They have internal egr to the cylinder, by burning off the oxygen on a pilot injection cycle before the main combustion happens.

* The also will send fuel through the exhaust by opening up injectors during exhaust stroke just like the older "Doser injector" systems, to burn off the soot from the SCR element. Basiaclly, the SCR element itself is catching much of the soot and they burn it off, just like in the system with the DPF.

- These systems come with their own sets of problems .. and I have seen a lot of complaints for them carbon packing piston rings and having excessive blo-by and needing inframed at 450k miles on them, even though the oil tends to stay cleaner.

If someone thinks for one minute that these systems are any better than the system they already have,. they are mistaken.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , hhow55 , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.