No boost......no power
02-27-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
RE: No boost......no power
tree98 you were correct, if you don't pressurize it "you haven't checked". I went to a plumbing supply store and got fittings to pressurizer it. Put air to it at 20psi bubbles showed up on the passenger side. Looks like I will be installing a new OEM CAC, any do's or don't when replacing it? I ordered a new mounting kit along with the CAC.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
02-27-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
Just be very very careful you don't hit the radiator when removing or installing the cac. It's a little more work but i would just remove the hood to get a lot easier access to the cac.Im assuming its decent size on a 386 pete.One wrong move and you'll need a radiator too. Ask me how I know.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
02-28-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
I got my new CAC installed today. Pressurized the system ( after the turbo ), made sure I had didn't have any leaks. I took it for test drive and still low boost, less than 20 lbs. While driving I had a code 2973 ( Intake Manifold 1 Pressure - Data erratic, intermittent, or incorrect ). Came back to shop and got on my phone to see what I kind of help I could find. I read that you can cycle the key switch, which I did and the code went away. Test drove it again, no code and still low boost.

So far this is a list of what I have replaced:
New IMAP sensor and pig tail
New exhaust back pressure sensor
New Paccar CAC
Up dated file/tune from Rawze

I also did the following:
When I originally de-mandated the truck I left about an inch around the outside of the DPF and installed stainless steel bolt, nuts and washers in the venturi tube. So now I have completely hollowed the DPF out. I also fabricated and installed a blocking plate for the rear of the EGR cooler.
Arrrrgh......what am I missing?
replyreply
Your missing insite. Without it you may get as well stick a parts list on the wall and throw darts at it replacing whatever it hits...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys , snailexpress
(02-28-2020 )Nilao Wrote:  Your missing insite. Without it you may get as well stick a parts list on the wall and throw darts at it replacing whatever it hits...
I do have insite but not much experience with it, I am just not sure what to look for.....what's normal, what's not?
replyreply
(02-18-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  According to the file you sent me, you have some wiring issues, or the ecm is going bad.

multiple errors for accelerator pedal, fuel shutoff solenoid, fuel pressure, IMAP, and exhaust gas pressure sensors are all showing they are shorted out.

These are error codes 132, 1241, 255, 547, 123, 2374.

=-- Also, your vin#, engine ser#, truck make and model are all missing in the program, and fuel milages down in the 5 mpg range, i think sucks too.

What about this ??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-28-2020 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  ...

Maybe you missed this...

(02-18-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  According to the file you sent me, you have some wiring issues, or the ecm is going bad.

multiple errors for accelerator pedal, fuel shutoff solenoid, fuel pressure, IMAP, and exhaust gas pressure sensors are all showing they are shorted out.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
(02-28-2020 )JimT Wrote:  

Maybe you missed this...

did you clear all those codes? -- have any come back>?

you have something wrong somewhere, it just needs to be found.

might be turbo itself... maybe use CT program to manually override its position and see if it chokes the engine out hard at idle when at the 98+% closed position to see if the exhaust impellers and VG vanes are not worn off or damaged? (this cannot be seen from looking into the back side of it). Can also do this to maybe find some air related leaks?

BTW: have you pulled the down-pipe off the back of the turbo and taken it for a spin at max engine load? -- Does some or all of the boost come back>?

Did you verify the cross-pipe and feed circuit for the exhaust bp sensor is not clogged up?- that one is common too. Pull out the exhaust bp sensor (top of thermostat), spray some brake cleaner down into the hole , crank the truck and see if it comes blasting back up out of the hole.

does the barro sensor read somewhat close to the barometric pressure in your area?

maybe start considering a trip to hags or uni's shop for a second set of eyes on it if nothing else.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys
02-29-2020, (Subject: No boost......no power ) 
(02-28-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 )JimT Wrote:  

Maybe you missed this...

did you clear all those codes? -- have any come back>?

you have something wrong somewhere, it just needs to be found.

might be turbo itself... maybe use CT program to manually override its position and see if it chokes the engine out hard at idle when at the 98+% closed position to see if the exhaust impellers and VG vanes are not worn off or damaged? (this cannot be seen from looking into the back side of it). Can also do this to maybe find some air related leaks?

BTW: have you pulled the down-pipe off the back of the turbo and taken it for a spin at max engine load? -- Does some or all of the boost come back>?

Did you verify the cross-pipe and feed circuit for the exhaust bp sensor is not clogged up?- that one is common too. Pull out the exhaust bp sensor (top of thermostat), spray some brake cleaner down into the hole , crank the truck and see if it comes blasting back up out of the hole.

does the barro sensor read somewhat close to the barometric pressure in your area?

maybe start considering a trip to hags or uni's shop for a second set of eyes on it if nothing else.

Lol....... I was so frustrated last night I was really considering bob tailing 875 miles to Mr Hagg's shop. My truck has been running at about 50% for over a month, driving there is definately on my radar if I can't get back to 100%.
I removed the bp sensor, sprayed brake clean into it, started the engine and it blew it back out.
The engine was still cool. I could put my finger over the bp sensor hole and feel exhaust gas pressure.
I deleted all codes, none were active and no codes came back after a test drive.
The barometric pressure reads 29.3 with insite and 29.39 at the nearest weather station.
I did pull off the exhaust pipe off and drove it with no change. I did not take off the short (6") attached directly to the turbo, but I will if it would make a difference.
What is the CT program, I assume it is something I can do with insite?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.