AC question
05-02-2020, (Subject: AC question ) 
AC question
2011 prostar w/cm871. Had some AC work done after the high pressure disk blew out of the compressor. Apparently it was a bad plug was giving a faulty pressure reading or something. Anyway it's working and blowing cold and the fan is cycling like normal but he said the high pressure is getting up to 350 psi before the engine fan kicks in then cooling to 250ish or w.e. he figures 350psi is way too high, am I at risk of over pressuring or is that normal high side pressure?
replyreply
05-02-2020, (Subject: AC question ) 
RE: AC question
if i remember watching mine with diamond logic i beleive it was getting up around that high. if it goes to high there is a pressure relief built into the compressor and it will blow off just sometimes they dont reseat when the pressure drops. had mine blow off last year when i was manually controlling my AC because i had a bad sensor in the system and the fan didnt kick on one time when the pressure spiked. but it reseated and so far still works like a champ especially after replacing the bad thermisistor

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.