Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
05-10-2020, (Subject: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor ) 
RE: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor
(05-10-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  So is port "B" in your pic the hose going to the fan clutch?

its hard to tell in the 1st picture, but everything points towards it being plumbed right. A photo showing both connections, and not just the one line on the left end going to the fan would reveal more.

-- Other problem I see though is the wire-nutz and the electrical tape. -- That is beyond unreliable as hell. -- Go get some proper connectors for that thing to keep the road-salt, corrosion, etc.. out of the wiring and so that it is not exposed.
https://amzn.to/2AbTvWx

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
Absolutely right about the plugs, I'll take care of that, thank you for the link. In the attached pic is the letter B under normally closed, should that be the air hose going to the fan clutch?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202005/post_3373_1589167907_43483211ae078435b6dc88bf50f59414.jpg
replyreply
(05-10-2020 )rapidisimo Wrote:  Absolutely right about the plugs, I'll take care of that, thank you for the link. In the attached pic is the letter B under normally closed, should that be the air hose going to the fan clutch?
Port B is supply port. Hose from truck air system.
Port A open to atmosphere.
Port C line to fan clutch.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
05-11-2020, (Subject: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor ) 
If you had that brass plug in port C (exhaust) then the fan clutch would never engage because the air from the fan clutch to the solenoid is trapped. Your truck would engage the fan when you 1st start up the truck for the day because during the off time the entire system leaks out somewhere. You may want to find that leak.

More than likely if that plug was installed for a long period of time, the solenoid simply froze open internally from lack of proper mechanical movement while the electrical solenoid kept trying to open to exhaust the air from the fan clutch.

This isn't the 1st time I've seen this. Its actually very common. On the factory solenoid there is something that looks like a plug. It's not. Its an actual exhaust fitting. Some guys think it's a plug so they simply install a plug, which is wrong. Other times the solenoid kit comes with the plug for a 3rd type of install and guys don't follow the directions so they think just because it comes with the kit, they figure they should use it somewhere..... wrong!!

Read and follow the instructions closely.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-11-2020, (Subject: Compressor Inlet Temp sensor ) 
Problem resolved thank you very much for all your help. It was the brass nut, once I took it off fan started working again.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.