Ongoing issues
05-21-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
RE: Ongoing issues
I trust the rebuild guy completely.

What’s your email and what exactly am I going to email to you? I’ll get it to you ASAP.

With regards to exhaust. It’s straight piped no cans on it.
replyreply
05-21-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
Email the program!

(05-21-2020 )PenderD Wrote:  * Get the program pulled/copied out of that ecm and a e-mail it to me for review. I will tell you exactly what is in it, good, bad, and/or ugly... AND if it is actually a major contributor of your issues or not. - That is your first step.

Get the program extracted off of the ECM, install it on a flash drive and email it to Rawze from here on the site. You have a bad delete, it is probably a Volvo 670 program with a 300 hp ISX under the hood and all tweaked to hell and back. You do not go through turbos like Carter sells liver pills with the proper programing and or a proper in frame...

And don't get me started on trusting the guys doing the in frame, I did, long time customer, Cummins "Certified" shop, an International dealer, cost me $40,000 and they installed 450st hp, CM-2350 parts, including {wrong tier} injectors, in my factory 600hp CM-871...

Oh, and those liners they shimmed, measured and set? No, never happened. It lasted 70,000 miles... I am financially bankrupt at this point, been all down hill from there. Want to buy a truck? She runs like a raped ape.

Me and Rawze fixed the "TRUSTED" professionals work, in his driveway. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PenderD
05-22-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
(05-21-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  And don't get me started on trusting the guys doing the in frame, I did, long time customer, Cummins "Certified" shop, an International dealer, cost me $40,000 and they installed 450st hp, CM-2350 parts, including injectors, in my factory 600hp CM-871...

Me and Rawze fixed the "TRUSTED" professionals work, in his driveway. ;-)

while i understand you got took as many did and are trying to make a point, its not possible for common rail injectors to be put into a dual cam engine.

honestly to the OP its probably a combination of driving habits/truckspec, inframe procedure, and tuning problems that are causing these failures.

i wish you good luck
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-22-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
They put the CM-871 450st injectors in, the rest of the internals were from the 450st 2350. Remember when they tried to install that smaller turbo, we talked about that back then. None of us caught that in regards to the other parts, that smaller turbo, when of course it called for the larger one. That entire job was a mess. I should have listened to you guys, took this to Mr Hag.
replyreply
05-29-2020, (Subject: Ongoing issues ) 
If this response double posts I apologize. Every time I hit post it’s only posting the first sentence even when I edit the post. Might have something to do with me copying and pasting out of a text message so I’ll type everything out and hope it works.

I apologize for lack of update. Been a hectic few days personally.

I asked for the file to be sent to me last Thursday and still hadn’t received it. Couple days ago I got a phone call asking if my turbo was under warranty. Ummm no and if this one is bad that’s 5 turbos in 150,000 miles.

At some point a whole bunch of yelling started in my end about the file that still had not been sent to me.

Well last night I got this.

“Definitely wrong programming

The original CPL on your truck is 3490

And someone put the programming for a CPL 3606 which has 550hp which is totally out of range for your truck

After we figure out what we are going to do about the new turbo we will program the correct CPL and do a proper delete.”

ugggghhhhhhh
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )PenderD Wrote:  After we figure out what we are going to do about the new turbo we will program the correct CPL and do a proper delete.”

Who's going to do the proper delete? The same idiot's you've been using? Why would they get it right this time? Get them to warranty the turbo and then get Uni,MommaBurt or Mr hagg to do the ecm work.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(05-29-2020 )PenderD Wrote:  If this response double posts I apologize. Every time I hit post it’s only posting the first sentence even when I edit the post. Might have something to do with me copying and pasting out of a text message so I’ll type everything out and hope it works.

I apologize for lack of update. Been a hectic few days personally.

I asked for the file to be sent to me last Thursday and still hadn’t received it. Couple days ago I got a phone call asking if my turbo was under warranty. Ummm no and if this one is bad that’s 5 turbos in 150,000 miles.

At some point a whole bunch of yelling started in my end about the file that still had not been sent to me.

Well last night I got this.

“Definitely wrong programming

The original CPL on your truck is 3490

And someone put the programming for a CPL 3606 which has 550hp which is totally out of range for your truck

After we figure out what we are going to do about the new turbo we will program the correct CPL and do a proper delete.”

ugggghhhhhhh

The wrong program would not kill a turbo that quickly on its own. Bad delete? bad practices?,.. yes,.. simply wrong cpl? -- nope, not that quickly, not nearly.

Odds are that you are simply jumpuing down that path out of one bad program and into another.

I should not even have to reply to how idiotic that the continued string of these bad decisions sound. - you would not be in this situation if anyone your dealing with over there actually knew what they were doing. - What you posted sounds exactly to me like someone digging into their scabs over and over and not doing anything to comprehensively reverse the problem.

- I PM'd you my number, your welcome to give a ring .. You will also have it if that shop wants someone who can actually give them solid information towards solving the issues. -- Of course, they need to be willing to listen and leave any ego or arrogance at the door.

- Personally, I would not give them a red cent until you can get the final resulting "delete" program reviewed by a third party (Mr. Rawze / Me) when considering how many issues you have had. - Just an FYI: There is nothing in it for me, just offering to help out. I review hundreds and hundreds of programs a year for people, I simply call it like it is. There is also nothing inside any of that programming that I could not explain to someone else if there are any detailed questions on what I find.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I might have missed what was actually happening to the turbos??

You get a new turbo every other oil change. That's crazy.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
It’s not every oil change. I wish I could change oil every 30,000 miles.

It’s just ongoing issues. Most common symptom is full power when suddenly it feels like it falls flat on it face. No boost the only way to get boost back is power through it or let it drop gears until it will suddenly kick back in. When it starts this it’s not long before turbo lets go. I’ve spent thousands at dealers and on a dyno trying to figure it out. The problem is it’s so intermittent when it starts to happen.

This time I honestly didn’t foresee a turbo issue with what truck did. Turbo issue this time only came to light after they got truck back together
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.