Isx ecm rebuild
06-10-2020, (Subject: Isx ecm rebuild ) 
Isx ecm rebuild
Has anyone had an isx ecm rebuilt
replyreply
06-11-2020, (Subject: Isx ecm rebuild ) 
RE: Isx ecm rebuild
(06-10-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  Has anyone had an isx ecm rebuilt

Usually best to just go to the dealer and get a reman, the boards are all new in them, they simply recycle the housing. A "rebuilt" ECM, I would not trust as the boards age, they crack from the heat, etc. Personally, I think it is a waste of money.
replyreply
Called rush they said they didn't offer a remand just now and was 2000 plus program 3 hours labor
replyreply
(06-11-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  Called rush they said they didn't offer a remand just now and was 2000 plus program 3 hours labor

Dude, the ECM is not a 3 hour job to install, or program. And Rush is the last place you want to buy anything from. I think I paid $1200 for my reman ECM when I was down at Rawze's at the local Peterbilt dealer. Rawze did program it for me, and that will require some electronics and a computer... Do you have an inline reader and Insite on a laptop? If you do, I think this can be accomplished remotely if you buy the ECM and are able to get one of the guys here to tap in via the internet to upload the proper programming. If not, Gearhead in Maryland offers this service, programming via FedEx. Or, Maybe Mr Hagg can hook you up, I would call him tomorrow and see if he can help you. That is the one call I would make, seriously. Call Jerry. (Mr Hag) (678) 688-8107
replyreply
Where would I find his number
replyreply
I pm'd you... And added the number on edit...
replyreply
(06-11-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  Called rush they said they didn't offer a remand just now and was 2000 plus program 3 hours labor

Most stealershits will charge about $300 - $400 labor to pre-program one. As far as i am concerned, that is not unreasonable.

Just think of what kind of headache you would have to go through if you got a brand new ecm yourself and it was dead out of the box. You took it back to them after you put it on the truck and tried to flash it yourself, and it would not operate no matter what you tried to do to it. -- You would have to go buy a second one for $2000 more and wait half a year to get your money back on the warranty claim.

If your not so skilled at programming one, and not willing to take that risk ...

- Personally, for most truck owners, I recommend the styealers$it to flash it for you. Just shop around to make sure you are not getting ripped off. Having them do this step for a few hundred bucks is cheap insurance so that you get a good ecm. They have to at least hook it up and ensure it is communicating, etc. when they go to flash it, and you have your best chance to ensure it can just be put on the truck and work without having to fiddle with it.

Just throwing an alternate opinion out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: victory26
(06-10-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  Has anyone had an isx ecm rebuilt

I have heard of countless stories where people sent their ecm off to other places and gotten it back only for it to die again, or be intermittent. - Not only that, but you usually get someone else's ecm or guts, and those electronics can only be relied upon for a period of 8 years from manufacture date any ways. - At least that is what the circuit chip manufacturers say.. 8 years in automotive applications is the life expectency of the circuits inside a typical ecm. =- That means that after 8+ years of age on the board, even if you get whatever part replaced in it that was acting up, the rest of the parts are likely beyond that expectation, and can fail or act up at any time too.

If the board or ecm you get back is 10+ years old, reliability falls off real fast in them, so the risk is even higher. Look at the manufacture date of your ecm and see how old it is already. It is usually a year or more older than the truck itself.

Knowing that...

If you willing to put up with the 'repaired' old ecm failing again, and the place that repaired it only charged you a few hundred bucks to fix only what was wrong,.. then go for it. Problem is that most those places waaay over-charge you ... like get $1,000+ for a 'fixed/repaired' one and it still has an old board in it with only a single $10 dollar or less new part in it that was replaced. - If your like me however, and do not want to risk thousands in towing bills in the middle of nowhere, and rely heavily on the questionability of old components and your equipment not acting up ... I would suggest an OEM-certified reman (or new). The OEMs do not bother to repair the circuit boards, they just throw a whole new board on into the old housing because it costs them so little to have manufactured.

$2,000 bucks for a more modern ecm is a reasonable price, though you should shop around at different s3Tealers$its. They have expensive components in them like powerful PGA processors, etc. similar in cost to a high-end PC desktop computer.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.