ECM
08-25-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
RE: ECM
(08-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  It has the same ECM that was on the engine when purchased, we did not interchange anything

that could be harmless ... or it coukd be very bad. Did the people swapping the engine even consider what the software and other things are going to be needed??-- sounds so far like maybe a bunch of clueless clowns may have done this job.

What make/model/year truck? Vin#?
What is the original engine ser3? ESN#?
What is the replacement engine ser# ESN#?
What does Insite say that the program is in it currently? .. Calibration phase ??????.?? -- what does it show?

Took me a while to get all the info:
Old engine was Serial 79511869 ECM 4993120 CPL 3491 09/11 ISX ,
new one is Serial 79461583 ECM 4993120 CPL 3491 20/10 ISX ,
thats all i have right now as the truck is in the shop ... I am trying to figure out if its been deleted or not as i have no way to force regen , also no power to the def bump, gauge. I know my old engine was not deleted and everything worked. Now i got this BS and not sure if we can go down the road , scared it will just clog the def filter and shut down
replyreply
(08-25-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  
(08-21-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  It has the same ECM that was on the engine when purchased, we did not interchange anything

that could be harmless ... or it coukd be very bad. Did the people swapping the engine even consider what the software and other things are going to be needed??-- sounds so far like maybe a bunch of clueless clowns may have done this job.

What does Insite say that the program is in it currently? .. Calibration phase ??????.?? -- what does it show?

thats all i have right now as the truck is in the shop ... I am trying to figure out if its been deleted or not as i have no way to force regen , also no power to the def bump, gauge. I know my old engine was not deleted and everything worked. Now i got this BS and not sure if we can go down the road , scared it will just clog the def filter and shut down

The 2 engines are 100% compatible. Just take it to the nearest stealers$it and have the ecm programming updated with the latest CL10048 factory program (the program that belongs to your truck according to the old ser#) for a few hundred bucks and go from there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  

The 2 engines are 100% compatible. Just take it to the nearest stealers$it and have the ecm programming updated with the latest CL10048 factory program (the program that belongs to your truck according to the old ser#) for a few hundred bucks and go from there.
What if it is deleted, I wont where to start , could I try my old ecm if I can sorce it ... just to get a base line . I can imagen if I reprogram my ecm all warning lights will come on and wont have any way to track anything as I have no idea what they did to delete.... it's a scary thought
replyreply
08-26-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
(08-25-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  What if it is deleted, I wont where to start , could I try my old ecm if I can sorce it ... just to get a base line . I can imagen if I reprogram my ecm all warning lights will come on and wont have any way to track anything as I have no idea what they did to delete.... it's a scary thought

ARE YOUR EXHAUST CANS DELETED?-- you claim it will not do a regen... I can only assume that your truck itself is NOT deleted, and was not prior to the replacement. -- THE SHOP that put the enigne in should have ensured the engine was not in a "deleted" state when installing it if this is the case actually.

If the engine itself was deleted prior to purchase.. then good luck with thinking that it is reliable.. you may just have purchased someone else's garbage engine that has been heavily abused.

- If the truck is not deleted, but the egr system on the engine has been,.. then simply fix tyhe egr system to operate again.. or go thru what has been done on the engine so far to ensuyre it is correct and finish the job by doing the rest of the truck... choice is yours as long as you live in a country that allows that kind of thing. -- take you pick.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-26-2020, (Subject: ECM ) 
(08-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-25-2020 )cjcool Wrote:  What if it is deleted, I wont where to start , could I try my old ecm if I can sorce it ... just to get a base line . I can imagen if I reprogram my ecm all warning lights will come on and wont have any way to track anything as I have no idea what they did to delete.... it's a scary thought

ARE YOUR EXHAUST CANS DELETED?-- you claim it will not do a regen... I can only assume that your truck itself is NOT deleted, and was not prior to the replacement. -- THE SHOP that put the enigne in should have ensured the engine was not in a "deleted" state when installing it if this is the case actually.

If the engine itself was deleted prior to purchase.. then good luck with thinking that it is reliable.. you may just have purchased someone else's garbage engine that has been heavily abused.

- If the truck is not deleted, but the egr system on the engine has been,.. then simply fix tyhe egr system to operate again.. or go thru what has been done on the engine so far to ensuyre it is correct and finish the job by doing the rest of the truck... choice is yours as long as you live in a country that allows that kind of thing. -- take you pick.

I installed e diferent ecm (same modle) again no option for force regen and def gauge not working . Took off the crossover pipe and let it run , egr valve opens and I get exhaust coming out is there a fuse or something for the def pump itself? The exhaust is not deleted, dpf filter intact. There is no option to force regen on either ECM
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.