Leaking output shaft seal
08-24-2020, (Subject: Leaking output shaft seal ) 
RE: Leaking output shaft seal
That electric half inch impact that kozakvod posted ain't gonna cut it for this type of job. They do make 3/4" and 1" electric impacts. Guys have told me they handle lug nuts nicely. I dont know about the bigger input/output/ intermediate/through shaft nuts. They are big and so are the sockets. Like flatbed94kid said a torch is sometimes needed to cut or heat them enough to get them off. Or one of the torque multipliers and a long cheater bar. But don't reuse the nut. Throw it away. They are almost always one time use.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile , JimT
08-24-2020, (Subject: Leaking output shaft seal ) 
RE: Leaking output shaft seal
When I had my seals replaced, they used a 1 inch gun. A shop is the best place to have this type of work done if you do not have the proper tools. JMHO

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Meanwhile

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.