Erg cooler
10-16-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
Erg cooler
So I was losing 1gal of coolant a day fixed so heater hose clamps and now I believe the egr cooler is leaking I pressurized the coolant system just waiting to see if the cooler is leaking
How high should I pressurize the system I did 10
replyreply
RE: Erg cooler
20 psi

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JAsaro
It’s not supposed to be wet in the egr cooler it’s damp in there
replyreply
10-17-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
(10-16-2020 )JAsaro Wrote:  It’s not supposed to be wet in the egr cooler it’s damp in there

damp could be anything .... coolant .... oil ... or simply condensation from the engine sitting. EGR circuits like to collect moisture, especially when engine cranks of foggy or cold days.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid36137

let it sit with 20-psi on it for a few hours and see if the condensation turns into drip,drip,drips of coolant.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JAsaro
10-18-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
I know I know I'm gross every time I say this but.... taste it. If its tangy sweet then its coolant. If its only soot then its water/condensation. You know the millisecond it touches your tongue what problem your dealing with.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JAsaro
10-18-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
I was watching a YouTube video on this subject the other day... Take some soot scrapings out of the EGR cooler, put in a cup and add water, use a test strip for coolant to see if any is in there. Do a base line test first with one of the test strips in the water before doing the actual test with the soot.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JAsaro , JimT , Casper
10-21-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
Want to say thank you it was definitely the cooler there was coolant in it
replyreply
10-21-2020, (Subject: Erg cooler ) 
(10-21-2020 )JAsaro Wrote:  Want to say thank you it was definitely the cooler there was coolant in it

Thanks for the follow up.

You may want to drop and inspect/clean your DOC/DPF as the coolant could clog it up with ash and/or wash away some of the precious metals in the DOC. Depending how long/bad it's been leaking you may start to see more frequent regens or regens that are less effective.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JAsaro

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.