YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake
10-23-2020, (Subject: YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake ) 
YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake
I have a fully demandated (Mommaburt) Kenworth T660 with an HE561ve reman YTS turbo with now 11,000 miles on it. Brand new Baldwin air filter. Its been hazing oil into the CAC since I installed it. I have been working with Mommaburt to adjust the turbo table up at idle (currently 725 rpm) because it was pulling a vacuum at the intake until I bump it up to 1000 rpm. Then it would have slight pressure. After some tweaking we have it pushing slight pressure (.2-.5psi) at idle but only when its warmed up. I've noticed its still at slight fluttering vacuum when its cold till I bump it up to 800+ rpm.

I'm wondering should I bump the turbo up higher to correct for the cold slower turbo spool or bump my base idle rpm up to 800? I'm afraid if I go up much higher I'll be having higher warmed up idle boost.

Is there a break in period for these remans? Is it the nature of the bigger turbos to do a little of this?

Ultimately I'm trying to rule out everything that can cause a turbo to push a little oil.

And yes I took a quick look for squirrels. There are no unwanted squatters in the intake system.
replyreply
RE: YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake
Yes. Get some positive pressure at 600rpm. The turbo doesn’t have a actual seal. It relies on positive pressure. You should actually feel it positive at the test plug on manifold at low idle.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , PuroCumminsPower
Mine had slobber at idle. I now have about 1 psi at 800 rpm and no slobber.

09 387 and is at 52% closed at idle.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620 , PuroCumminsPower
07-18-2021, (Subject: YTS turbo pushing some oil in to intake ) 
Resolution to this was to ultimately bump up the turbo boost until stone cold start idle boost had .2-.5 psi boost. My warmed up idle boost is .5-.8 psi. I now have the idle set at 775 rpms for both cold start boost and hot idle oil pressure to always be above 20 psi. I now have zero turbo haze in to the intake.

This bigger he561 is just that much more sluggish to get turning than my he551 on my cm870 was. So anyone tuning in the bigger turbo, keep bumping the table up till you get good positive pressure at the intake on COLD start up. If you dial it in after it's warm you may find that it's gonna push some oil on those colder start days.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT , 2dlb

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.